10. migration doc flaw

Rob Sargent
I think there's an error on this page:

    http://tomcat.apache.org/migration-10.html

First paragraph under "Upgrading 10.0.x"

    When upgrading instances of Apache Tomcat from one version of
    _Tomcat 9 _to another, particularly when using separate

Which confused me because I was looking for 9.0 to 10.0 instrux, but
this isn't the page for that, I don't think.

Re: 10. migration doc flaw

Rob Sargent
Well, it the 9->10 page, but that form generator is all about
10.x->10.y  (Not sure it's doing anything useful either?)

On 2/8/21 4:35 PM, Rob Sargent wrote:

> I think there's an error on this page:
>
>    http://tomcat.apache.org/migration-10.html
>

> First paragraph under "Upgrading 10.0.x"
>
>    When upgrading instances of Apache Tomcat from one version of
>    _Tomcat 9 _to another, particularly when using separate
>
> Which confused me because I was looking for 9.0 to 10.0 instrux, but
> this isn't the page for that, I don't think.

Re: 10. migration doc flaw

Mark Thomas-2
On 08/02/2021 23:40, Rob Sargent wrote:
> Well, it the 9->10 page, but that form generator is all about
> 10.x->10.y  (Not sure it's doing anything useful either?)

Copy/paste error. Fixed now. Thanks for reporting this.

The configuration difference generator is working but the files haven't
changed much. Look at server.xml between 10.0.0-M1 and 10.0.2 for an
example where you will see output.

Re: 10. migration doc flaw

Rob Sargent

> On Feb 9, 2021, at 1:25 AM, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 08/02/2021 23:40, Rob Sargent wrote:
>> Well, it the 9->10 page, but that form generator is all about
>> 10.x->10.y  (Not sure it's doing anything useful either?)
>
> Copy/paste error. Fixed now. Thanks for reporting this.
>
> The configuration difference generator is working but the files haven't
> changed much. Look at server.xml between 10.0.0-M1 and 10.0.2 for an
> example where you will see output.
>
> Mark

I think it throws an error on a zero diff compare?
Far from urgent.