Any information about planed work for joint ASF-OGC-OSGeo code sprint?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Any information about planed work for joint ASF-OGC-OSGeo code sprint?

Martin Desruisseaux
Hello

You may not be aware of this, but registrants at this week's Geospatial
code sprint [1] are interested in learning more about Apache Tomcat. A
virtual meeting room and an agenda (currently empty) have been created
[2]. A short pitch will be presented Wednesday with the following content:

    Apache Tomcat is an open-source implementation of the Java Servlet,
    JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and WebSocket technologies.

    Planned work: (anything here?)

Is there anything to change in above description? Does anyone know what
are the planed work? If anyone can provide those information, reply on
[hidden email] mailing list would be appreciated. If anyone can
attend, even if only for answering questions that may be asked in the
Tomcat virtual room, that would be of course welcome (registration is free).

I apologize for the short notice,

     Martin Desruisseaux

[1]https://www.ogc.org/ogcevents/2021-joint-asf-ogc-osgeo-code-sprint
[2] https://github.com/opengeospatial/joint-ogc-osgeo-asf-sprint-2021/blob/master/group/ApacheTomcat.adoc

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Any information about planed work for joint ASF-OGC-OSGeo code sprint?

markt
[Note: I am not subscribed to [hidden email] - please make sure
to cc me if you want me to see any reply]

Martin,

What planned work? For this sprint (nothing I am aware of) or more
generally (there is a high level plan for ongoing Java EE and Jakarta EE
support and I have some personal ideas for other stuff)? I can provide
more details if helpful. I can also be around to answer questions.

Unfortunately, registrations appear to have closed.

Mark


On 15/02/2021 22:36, Martin Desruisseaux wrote:

> Hello
>
> You may not be aware of this, but registrants at this week's Geospatial
> code sprint [1] are interested in learning more about Apache Tomcat. A
> virtual meeting room and an agenda (currently empty) have been created
> [2]. A short pitch will be presented Wednesday with the following content:
>
>    Apache Tomcat is an open-source implementation of the Java Servlet,
>    JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and WebSocket technologies.
>
>    Planned work: (anything here?)
>
> Is there anything to change in above description? Does anyone know what
> are the planed work? If anyone can provide those information, reply on
> [hidden email] mailing list would be appreciated. If anyone can
> attend, even if only for answering questions that may be asked in the
> Tomcat virtual room, that would be of course welcome (registration is
> free).
>
> I apologize for the short notice,
>
>     Martin Desruisseaux
>
> [1]https://www.ogc.org/ogcevents/2021-joint-asf-ogc-osgeo-code-sprint
> [2]
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/joint-ogc-osgeo-asf-sprint-2021/blob/master/group/ApacheTomcat.adoc
>
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Any information about planed work for joint ASF-OGC-OSGeo code sprint?

Martin Desruisseaux
Hello Mark, and thanks for the reply.

Le 17/02/2021 à 10:18, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> What planned work? For this sprint (nothing I am aware of) or more
> generally (there is a high level plan for ongoing Java EE and Jakarta
> EE support and I have some personal ideas for other stuff)?
>
What is the planned work for Tomcat is indeed the question. Some
participants who registered to this code sprint event have expressed
interest in Tomcat. I do not know what they have in mind, and my email
was for trying to get information about what could be the geospatial
functionalities (if any) that may be discussed in the Tomcat community.
If there is none, that is okay. We will keep the Tomcat channel open
anyway for seeing if participants come with idea.


> I can provide more details if helpful. I can also be around to answer
> questions. Unfortunately, registrations appear to have closed.
>
I can ask the organizer to add you if you have no objection. If you
could be around in the Tomcat meeting room [1] in case there is any
question, that would be appreciated. Can you also let us know at which
time slots listed in [1] you think you can be in the room?

     Thanks,

         Martin

[1] https://github.com/opengeospatial/joint-ogc-osgeo-asf-sprint-2021/blob/master/group/ApacheTomcat.adoc

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Any information about planed work for joint ASF-OGC-OSGeo code sprint?

markt
On 17/02/2021 09:40, Martin Desruisseaux wrote:

> Hello Mark, and thanks for the reply.
>
> Le 17/02/2021 à 10:18, Mark Thomas a écrit :
>
>> What planned work? For this sprint (nothing I am aware of) or more
>> generally (there is a high level plan for ongoing Java EE and Jakarta
>> EE support and I have some personal ideas for other stuff)?
>>
> What is the planned work for Tomcat is indeed the question. Some
> participants who registered to this code sprint event have expressed
> interest in Tomcat. I do not know what they have in mind, and my email
> was for trying to get information about what could be the geospatial
> functionalities (if any) that may be discussed in the Tomcat community.

Tomcat does not provide any specific geospatial functionality and I
don't recall any recent discussions on that topic. There might be
something from that last 20+ years in the archives btu I haven't goner
digging.

> If there is none, that is okay. We will keep the Tomcat channel open
> anyway for seeing if participants come with idea.
>
>
>> I can provide more details if helpful. I can also be around to answer
>> questions. Unfortunately, registrations appear to have closed.
>>
> I can ask the organizer to add you if you have no objection. If you
> could be around in the Tomcat meeting room [1] in case there is any
> question, that would be appreciated. Can you also let us know at which
> time slots listed in [1] you think you can be in the room?

I can be around for bits of most of those sessions but not all of any of
them. I've created a PR to add my availability.

Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]