Apache 8.5.57 shared class loader does not find its default classpath

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Apache 8.5.57 shared class loader does not find its default classpath

Carles Franquesa
Hi Everybody!, Just got in the list :)

I am developing a webapp with Netbeans 8.0.2, and deploying it as a WAR
file with Apache 8.5.57 Tomcat Manager onto my VPS where a mydomain.com is
publically mapped on the DNS.

It works fine in localhost, and even at the VPS when the IP and path is set
in the url browser: <a href="http://ip:port/myapp">http://ip:port/myapp. Then, it works.

When trying to connect via my registered domain in the browser url,
astonishingly, the index.jsp is correctly shown, but none of its links to
other JSPs are going on. The first one is called cursos.jsp.

The included file before the <head> tag is the same in index.jsp as in
cursos.jsp, located in webapps/myapp/cursos/cursos.jsp which produces the
error. The begining of both files is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<%@page session="true" %>
<%@page import="lib.Text"%>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also have been looking at stackoverflow, and found some amazing
solutions, like ending the import with a semicolon. But it neither worked
at all.

My purpose is to make it work on mydomain.eu that I have already registered
and mapped in the DNS.

The error message given by any browser is printed next.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tipo Informe de Excepción

mensaje Unable to compile class for JSP

Descripción El servidor encontró un error interno que hizo que no pudiera
rellenar este requerimiento.

excepción

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: [14] in the generated java file:
[/opt/tomcat/work/Catalina/
mydoamin.com/cursos/org/apache/jsp/cursos_jsp.java]
Only a type can be imported. lib.Text resolves to a package

... and here, error is repeated for several classes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it seems that the class loader does not find the classes located at its
default repository.

I have been looking for the way tomcat uses classpaths. In particular, the
role of its class loaders. And specifically, the "shared.loader" class
loader.

I even tried to set the value "webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes" in the
catalina.properties file (even though it is not supposed to be needed).

I have been looking for this in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html. There,
learned about the four loaders of tomcat. And as long as I understood, the
classes repository should be located at
${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes. The place where Tomcat
Manager leaves it when the WAR is uploaded.

Ultimately, the
${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class certainly
exists!, so I am stuck in telling the loader where the classes are.

Thanks for your time,

Any help will be much appreciated!

Carles
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Apache 8.5.57 shared class loader does not find its default classpath

Christopher Schultz-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Carles,

On 8/27/20 12:19, Carles Franquesa wrote:

> Hi Everybody!, Just got in the list :)
>
> I am developing a webapp with Netbeans 8.0.2, and deploying it as a
> WAR file with Apache 8.5.57 Tomcat Manager onto my VPS where a
> mydomain.com is publically mapped on the DNS.
>
> It works fine in localhost, and even at the VPS when the IP and
> path is set in the url browser: <a href="http://ip:port/myapp">http://ip:port/myapp. Then, it
> works.
>
> When trying to connect via my registered domain in the browser
> url, astonishingly, the index.jsp is correctly shown, but none of
> its links to other JSPs are going on. The first one is called
> cursos.jsp.

Do you mean that the links don't work (the browser won't follow them),
or you get an error when you click on those links because of the JSP
compilation errors?

> The included file before the <head> tag is the same in index.jsp as
> in cursos.jsp, located in webapps/myapp/cursos/cursos.jsp which
> produces the error.

Your attachment was stripped from your message, but I don't think it
is really necessary to understand what's going on.

> The begining of both files is:
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
- ---------------------------------
>
>
<%@page session="true" %>
> <%@page import="lib.Text"%>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------------------
>
>
I also have been looking at stackoverflow, and found some amazing
> solutions, like ending the import with a semicolon. But it neither
> worked at all.
>
> My purpose is to make it work on mydomain.eu that I have already
> registered and mapped in the DNS.
>
> The error message given by any browser is printed next.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------------------
>
>
Tipo Informe de Excepción

>
> mensaje Unable to compile class for JSP
>
> Descripción El servidor encontró un error interno que hizo que no
> pudiera rellenar este requerimiento.
>
> excepción
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
> JSP:
>
> An error occurred at line: [14] in the generated java file:
> [/opt/tomcat/work/Catalina/
> mydoamin.com/cursos/org/apache/jsp/cursos_jsp.java] Only a type can
> be imported. lib.Text resolves to a package
>
> ... and here, error is repeated for several classes
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------------------

>
>  So, it seems that the class loader does not find the classes
> located at its default repository.
>
> I have been looking for the way tomcat uses classpaths. In
> particular, the role of its class loaders. And specifically, the
> "shared.loader" class loader.
>
> I even tried to set the value "webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes" in
> the catalina.properties file (even though it is not supposed to be
> needed).
>
> I have been looking for this in
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html.
> There, learned about the four loaders of tomcat. And as long as I
> understood, the classes repository should be located at
> ${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes. The place where
> Tomcat Manager leaves it when the WAR is uploaded.
>
> Ultimately, the
> ${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class
> certainly exists!, so I am stuck in telling the loader where the
> classes are.

You shouldn't have to mess around with class loaders or anything,
though that was good information for you to read. And you have
understood it correctly!

Can you take the WAR file you have deployed on the server and run this
on it?

$ unzip -v my.war

Can you post the contents? It should contain, among other things:
WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class

I'm wondering if the WAR file isn't including something that is
present on your local system when you test (and where it works properly)
.

- -chris
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - https://www.enigmail.net/
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=nSg9
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Apache 8.5.57 shared class loader does not find its default classpath

Carles Franquesa
Chris,

Thank you very much for the help. Follows the $unzip -v aprenonline.war
output.

I've put away a whole folder of sql sources that the war contains just to
make this output shorter. The reference to Text.class is in the sixth
position of WEB-INF files.

This is it:

Archive:  aprenonline.war
 Length   Method    Size  Cmpr    Date    Time   CRC-32   Name
--------  ------  ------- ---- ---------- ----- --------  ----
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  META-INF/
     103  Stored      103   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3d32040a
 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  WEB-INF/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  WEB-INF/classes/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
 WEB-INF/classes/model/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/

       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  WEB-INF/lib/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  ao/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  ao/css/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
 confirma_preinscripcions/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  css/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  css/dialegs/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  css/main/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  css/parts/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  cursos/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  estat/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  img/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  js/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  js/jquery/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  mail_conegut/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  matriculacio/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  nou_estudiant/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  pagament/
       0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  verificacio/
      92  Stored       92   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 722fe088
 META-INF/context.xml
      88  Stored       88   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 386832d5
 WEB-INF/classes/a.bat
      84  Stored       84   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 05546721
 WEB-INF/classes/l.bat
    3045  Stored     3045   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 49e914c6
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/Fitxer.class
   17744  Stored    17744   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ff442cb9
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/Pagina.class
    6104  Stored     6104   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 76df9796
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/Registre.class
    3047  Stored     3047   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 34720d8b
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class
    2679  Stored     2679   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 738d5f31
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/csv.class
     242  Stored      242   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1052a3c9
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/lib.class
    1155  Stored     1155   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3314a2b8
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/numeriques.class
     838  Stored      838   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 43515f3d
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/sexe.class
    1682  Stored     1682   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1e7a0936
 WEB-INF/classes/lib/temps.class
    6217  Stored     6217   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d127aa85
 WEB-INF/classes/model/Connexio.class
    1876  Stored     1876   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 7fd4edf3
 WEB-INF/classes/model/curs.class
    1311  Stored     1311   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 fd7b55be
 WEB-INF/classes/model/docent.class
    1658  Stored     1658   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f085c9d9
 WEB-INF/classes/model/estudiant.class
    2404  Stored     2404   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 89836b06
 WEB-INF/classes/model/persona.class
    1012  Stored     1012   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6604d075
 WEB-INF/classes/model/preinscripcio.class
      88  Stored       88   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d5b1a89d
 WEB-INF/classes/r.bat
    1400  Stored     1400   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 2e06d9bb
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/FileLocationContextListener.class
    6338  Stored     6338   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 8da94aec
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/UploadDownloadFileServlet.class
    1365  Stored     1365   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 8aa46dad
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/accepta_pendent.class
    2650  Stored     2650   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1b35e8ab
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/acus_de_rebut.class
    2301  Stored     2301   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 578e8ce2
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/envia.class
    3010  Stored     3010   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d6df56a1
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/fes_csv.class
    4169  Stored     4169   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 444e6ec3
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/puja_adjunts.class
    1904  Stored     1904   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6d8b0ed8
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/update_curs.class
    1885  Stored     1885   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 14479ab9
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/check_login.class
    3951  Stored     3951   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e1fade2c
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/dades_personals.class
    2665  Stored     2665   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 fe06dc45
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/llista_checks_cursos.class
    4808  Stored     4808   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4110a84c
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/matricula.class
    2317  Stored     2317   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 be9ceabb
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/nom_i_cognoms_mail.class
    2633  Stored     2633   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1986264e
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/pagina_preinscripcions.class
    3831  Stored     3831   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1371e3d4
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/preinscriu.class
    1872  Stored     1872   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6a8feac6
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/select.class
     876  Stored      876   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ab6432f2
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/update.class
    3381  Stored     3381   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 74d7013d
 WEB-INF/classes/servlets/verifica_adreca_mail.class
   68622  Stored    68622   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 655267b0
 WEB-INF/lib/commons-fileupload-1.3.jar
   72446  Stored    72446   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ee0402ad
 WEB-INF/lib/commons-fileupload-1.4.jar
  173587  Stored   173587   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 11e1d2ae
 WEB-INF/lib/commons-io-2.2.jar
  276413  Stored   276413   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 0960e347
 WEB-INF/lib/commons-io-2.7.jar
  571894  Stored   571894   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 bd531eed
 WEB-INF/lib/postgresql-9.2-1002.jdbc4.jar
    5828  Stored     5828   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1fa46300  WEB-INF/web.xml
    7302  Stored     7302   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d9d23f28  ao/ao.js
    3846  Stored     3846   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 7faa4e71  ao/ao.jsp
     207  Stored      207   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f3b91803  ao/css/ao.css
     408  Stored      408   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4939b57f  ao/css/curs.css
     707  Stored      707   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4cec215f  ao/css/cursos.css
     480  Stored      480   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5f91d758
 ao/css/justificants.css
    1572  Stored     1572   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 db2f2077  ao/css/mails.css
    2739  Stored     2739   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 9337a491  ao/curs.js
    1977  Stored     1977   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3472d158  ao/curs.jsp
     952  Stored      952   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6446bdb1  ao/login.html
     557  Stored      557   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 c1afe1aa
 ao/ok_acus_de_rebut.jsp
     125  Stored      125   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 2fead9ce
 confirma_preinscripcions/confirma_preinscripcions.css
    3301  Stored     3301   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 562ef6f9
 confirma_preinscripcions/confirma_preinscripcions.js
    4310  Stored     4310   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d11a05ae
 confirma_preinscripcions/confirma_preinscripcions.jsp
     416  Stored      416   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 161a2391
 css/background_video.css
     406  Stored      406   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 47d233a0
 css/dialegs/dialeg_error.css
     812  Stored      812   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 179ba5a2
 css/dialegs/dialeg_mail.css
    1058  Stored     1058   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 7dd70075
 css/dialegs/dialeg_seleccio_curs.css
    1126  Stored     1126   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e0f2711f
 css/dialegs/dialeg_send_mail.css
     165  Stored      165   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 df56b4a4  css/main/body.css
    1330  Stored     1330   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d92acef1
 css/main/checkbox.css
     584  Stored      584   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f695f43e
 css/main/editable_select.css
     647  Stored      647   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 c8ba767e
 css/main/tooltip.css
     102  Stored      102   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5601fcc4
 css/main/usuari.css
     285  Stored      285   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e0d72d58  css/msg_error.css
     187  Stored      187   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 44c2dd79
 css/parts/banner.css
    1402  Stored     1402   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f94bff17  css/parts/camp.css
     413  Stored      413   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5051772a
 css/parts/titol.css
     291  Stored      291   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d59f3ce3  cursos/cursos.css
    1525  Stored     1525   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 19dc0bc4  cursos/cursos.js
    3549  Stored     3549   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 13e82cdd  cursos/cursos.jsp
    1806  Stored     1806   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b9c782a0  estat/estat.css
    5662  Stored     5662   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 43139f54  estat/estat.js
    3755  Stored     3755   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 a1bc9c2c  estat/estat.jsp
    6538  Stored     6538   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 07aabcc8  img/aplausos.png
   17077  Stored    17077   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f118fd9d
 img/aprenonline.png
   45941  Stored    45941   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 07919663
 img/banner_escola_tardor.png
    3397  Stored     3397   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 fbdc6379  img/buscar.png
 1431646  Stored  1431646   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4cf36abc  img/campana.mp4
    7069  Stored     7069   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 16d7da73  img/canviar.png
    3343  Stored     3343   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e71742ae  img/clip.png
   17457  Stored    17457   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3c3714ec  img/cors_leo.png
   29229  Stored    29229   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 891a3db3
 img/escola_tardor.png
    1406  Stored     1406   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 0cd17c57  img/favicon.ico
 3261017  Stored  3261017   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 cd700a48  img/focs.mp4
  174950  Stored   174950   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3fd0f639
 img/guia-matriculacio.pdf
    4060  Stored     4060   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ab9cb05c
 img/icona_error.png
    4713  Stored     4713   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 de6f8472  img/mail.png
    4369  Stored     4369   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 c565ef0f  img/no.png
    4135  Stored     4135   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1df92a1c  img/ok.png
    2804  Stored     2804   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 8f2310eb  img/publicar.png
    4929  Stored     4929   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 c1d028d3  img/publicat.png
    6807  Stored     6807   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4feff591  img/up.png
     757  Stored      757   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 acd826a3  index.css
    6661  Stored     6661   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5c634eba  index.js
    8046  Stored     8046   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f7617d88  index.jsp
     581  Stored      581   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b672d8d2  js/checks.js
     513  Stored      513   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3e4f49f1  js/file.js
  449307  Stored   449307   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 84322173
 js/jquery/jquery-ui-1.10.2.sunny.js
    4044  Stored     4044   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 a7ff7726
 js/jquery/js.cookie.js
     573  Stored      573   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b8c42057  js/variables.js
     903  Stored      903   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e56a2dcb  load.jsp
     865  Stored      865   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6d39567c
 mail_conegut/mail_conegut.js
    1093  Stored     1093   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f0119af9
 mail_conegut/mail_conegut.jsp
    2069  Stored     2069   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 dae8eb2d
 matriculacio/dades_correctes.js
    4850  Stored     4850   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5080a9fc
 matriculacio/matriculacio.js
    6584  Stored     6584   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 a75ed884
 matriculacio/matriculacio.jsp
    3588  Stored     3588   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 73b3f633
 nou_estudiant/nou_estudiant.js
    5411  Stored     5411   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b53b9be2
 nou_estudiant/nou_estudiant.jsp
      68  Stored       68   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ac7440a1  pagament/fet.css
      83  Stored       83   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 482ab0e3  pagament/fet.js
    2014  Stored     2014   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b2d9ae2a  pagament/fet.jsp
     571  Stored      571   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e104af5a
 pagament/fileupload.css
     791  Stored      791   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4b498eec
 pagament/fileupload.js
     138  Stored      138   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 099ff24c
 pagament/pagament.css
     296  Stored      296   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e7843b95
 pagament/pagament.js
    3652  Stored     3652   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ee410140
 pagament/pagament.jsp
    2950  Stored     2950   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 53c5923e
 verificacio/verificacio.js
    4159  Stored     4159   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ee173d12
 verificacio/verificacio.jsp
--------          -------  ---                            -------
 7070694          7070694   0%                            429 files

Hope it's usefull!

Thanks again.

Carles



Missatge de Christopher Schultz <[hidden email]> del dia dj.,
27 d’ag. 2020 a les 19:41:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> Carles,
>
> On 8/27/20 12:19, Carles Franquesa wrote:
> > Hi Everybody!, Just got in the list :)
> >
> > I am developing a webapp with Netbeans 8.0.2, and deploying it as a
> > WAR file with Apache 8.5.57 Tomcat Manager onto my VPS where a
> > mydomain.com is publically mapped on the DNS.
> >
> > It works fine in localhost, and even at the VPS when the IP and
> > path is set in the url browser: <a href="http://ip:port/myapp">http://ip:port/myapp. Then, it
> > works.
> >
> > When trying to connect via my registered domain in the browser
> > url, astonishingly, the index.jsp is correctly shown, but none of
> > its links to other JSPs are going on. The first one is called
> > cursos.jsp.
>
> Do you mean that the links don't work (the browser won't follow them),
> or you get an error when you click on those links because of the JSP
> compilation errors?
>
> > The included file before the <head> tag is the same in index.jsp as
> > in cursos.jsp, located in webapps/myapp/cursos/cursos.jsp which
> > produces the error.
>
> Your attachment was stripped from your message, but I don't think it
> is really necessary to understand what's going on.
>
> > The begining of both files is:
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> - ---------------------------------
> >
> >
> <%@page session="true" %>
> > <%@page import="lib.Text"%>
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> - --------------------------------
> >
> >
> I also have been looking at stackoverflow, and found some amazing
> > solutions, like ending the import with a semicolon. But it neither
> > worked at all.
> >
> > My purpose is to make it work on mydomain.eu that I have already
> > registered and mapped in the DNS.
> >
> > The error message given by any browser is printed next.
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> - --------------------------------
> >
> >
> Tipo Informe de Excepción
> >
> > mensaje Unable to compile class for JSP
> >
> > Descripción El servidor encontró un error interno que hizo que no
> > pudiera rellenar este requerimiento.
> >
> > excepción
> >
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
> > JSP:
> >
> > An error occurred at line: [14] in the generated java file:
> > [/opt/tomcat/work/Catalina/
> > mydoamin.com/cursos/org/apache/jsp/cursos_jsp.java] Only a type can
> > be imported. lib.Text resolves to a package
> >
> > ... and here, error is repeated for several classes
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> - --------------------------------
> >
> >  So, it seems that the class loader does not find the classes
> > located at its default repository.
> >
> > I have been looking for the way tomcat uses classpaths. In
> > particular, the role of its class loaders. And specifically, the
> > "shared.loader" class loader.
> >
> > I even tried to set the value "webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes" in
> > the catalina.properties file (even though it is not supposed to be
> > needed).
> >
> > I have been looking for this in
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html.
> > There, learned about the four loaders of tomcat. And as long as I
> > understood, the classes repository should be located at
> > ${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes. The place where
> > Tomcat Manager leaves it when the WAR is uploaded.
> >
> > Ultimately, the
> > ${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class
> > certainly exists!, so I am stuck in telling the loader where the
> > classes are.
>
> You shouldn't have to mess around with class loaders or anything,
> though that was good information for you to read. And you have
> understood it correctly!
>
> Can you take the WAR file you have deployed on the server and run this
> on it?
>
> $ unzip -v my.war
>
> Can you post the contents? It should contain, among other things:
> WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class
>
> I'm wondering if the WAR file isn't including something that is
> present on your local system when you test (and where it works properly)
> .
>
> - -chris
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - https://www.enigmail.net/
>
> iQIzBAEBCAAdFiEEMmKgYcQvxMe7tcJcHPApP6U8pFgFAl9H8DcACgkQHPApP6U8
> pFg2FA/9Hxn/yJOxRWch+8tAYZsLvcuCF+aynod0BdDso1wyhVWmv44JDNgwcDbA
> Q6VQH0KclheiGlZmfH59y1RTxeNUUYOw22wbr7qyoKq/ShsDxvmEEiRdq1hDrqVS
> v6gnb7XMrtYIhPhRJDnOhm+vD4KmK28szSvTFRXvTUaENjFBGVFHc8AkDldRy7Df
> g9F/VUadiKuO2D/z7RxbiHzDYt3yCgGCAq9+6pch5LoUQ3W0Bmg6+NYXxdXylRQh
> EDVd6vhxrc/kFqbTFcP7Wmc/HJ9Y3mYQ2AYANQRO/9tmSYjaXqNXrITczLsltbU5
> Z6M/1pw3flTycGjEA6ycLBP3CNTKykB1Ygda3plf7Zsf+m3w/4Mt6RYbsGPzOis0
> /E4o5QPpdnIfWcXjU6Ivgdtk6q1z5QFBNehsJscXtNK93Y5tEas5Z3ldLBRh1+ZK
> Oe9mcyNY70rrtAvT+2/QVJoYV6Z0nZmEKti+wnDY2NCX7UoS72FqN1ENHhOM/uPj
> 2Gc9gY0t3tAxjWvKjhQi5b9LaqW6tSm3o3xhD109u2Fck9Gr5NOz6Lf9LHWkYxHn
> fLPmzgic5vp6VyceWq/F+zwQElnHwELBz1LR1lrX3kCKmxsHqsqjvLp2HK7Wt4us
> f67rukAYn1Gl4l3lCTorSpRXTKBXE8Wc9c4z02BftLAhWMpDQqA=
> =nSg9
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Apache 8.5.57 shared class loader does not find its default classpath

Felix Schumacher
Are you sure, that the Tomcat you reach under the ip and port is the
same, than that you reach by dns?

Have you checked, whether the Java version running Tomcat is new enough
to read the class lib.Text?

Are there any other errors in catalina.out or localhost.DATE.log in the
Tomcat instance, that is throwing the error?

Felix

Am 27.08.20 um 20:34 schrieb Carles Franquesa:

> Chris,
>
> Thank you very much for the help. Follows the $unzip -v aprenonline.war
> output.
>
> I've put away a whole folder of sql sources that the war contains just to
> make this output shorter. The reference to Text.class is in the sixth
> position of WEB-INF files.
>
> This is it:
>
> Archive:  aprenonline.war
>  Length   Method    Size  Cmpr    Date    Time   CRC-32   Name
> --------  ------  ------- ---- ---------- ----- --------  ----
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  META-INF/
>      103  Stored      103   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3d32040a
>  META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  WEB-INF/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  WEB-INF/classes/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
>  WEB-INF/classes/model/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/
>
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  WEB-INF/lib/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  ao/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  ao/css/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000
>  confirma_preinscripcions/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  css/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  css/dialegs/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  css/main/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  css/parts/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  cursos/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  estat/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  img/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  js/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  js/jquery/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  mail_conegut/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  matriculacio/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  nou_estudiant/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  pagament/
>        0  Stored        0   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 00000000  verificacio/
>       92  Stored       92   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 722fe088
>  META-INF/context.xml
>       88  Stored       88   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 386832d5
>  WEB-INF/classes/a.bat
>       84  Stored       84   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 05546721
>  WEB-INF/classes/l.bat
>     3045  Stored     3045   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 49e914c6
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/Fitxer.class
>    17744  Stored    17744   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ff442cb9
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/Pagina.class
>     6104  Stored     6104   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 76df9796
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/Registre.class
>     3047  Stored     3047   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 34720d8b
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class
>     2679  Stored     2679   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 738d5f31
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/csv.class
>      242  Stored      242   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1052a3c9
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/lib.class
>     1155  Stored     1155   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3314a2b8
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/numeriques.class
>      838  Stored      838   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 43515f3d
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/sexe.class
>     1682  Stored     1682   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1e7a0936
>  WEB-INF/classes/lib/temps.class
>     6217  Stored     6217   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d127aa85
>  WEB-INF/classes/model/Connexio.class
>     1876  Stored     1876   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 7fd4edf3
>  WEB-INF/classes/model/curs.class
>     1311  Stored     1311   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 fd7b55be
>  WEB-INF/classes/model/docent.class
>     1658  Stored     1658   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f085c9d9
>  WEB-INF/classes/model/estudiant.class
>     2404  Stored     2404   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 89836b06
>  WEB-INF/classes/model/persona.class
>     1012  Stored     1012   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6604d075
>  WEB-INF/classes/model/preinscripcio.class
>       88  Stored       88   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d5b1a89d
>  WEB-INF/classes/r.bat
>     1400  Stored     1400   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 2e06d9bb
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/FileLocationContextListener.class
>     6338  Stored     6338   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 8da94aec
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/UploadDownloadFileServlet.class
>     1365  Stored     1365   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 8aa46dad
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/accepta_pendent.class
>     2650  Stored     2650   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1b35e8ab
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/acus_de_rebut.class
>     2301  Stored     2301   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 578e8ce2
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/envia.class
>     3010  Stored     3010   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d6df56a1
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/fes_csv.class
>     4169  Stored     4169   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 444e6ec3
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/puja_adjunts.class
>     1904  Stored     1904   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6d8b0ed8
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/ao/update_curs.class
>     1885  Stored     1885   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 14479ab9
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/check_login.class
>     3951  Stored     3951   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e1fade2c
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/dades_personals.class
>     2665  Stored     2665   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 fe06dc45
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/llista_checks_cursos.class
>     4808  Stored     4808   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4110a84c
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/matricula.class
>     2317  Stored     2317   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 be9ceabb
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/nom_i_cognoms_mail.class
>     2633  Stored     2633   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1986264e
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/pagina_preinscripcions.class
>     3831  Stored     3831   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1371e3d4
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/preinscriu.class
>     1872  Stored     1872   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6a8feac6
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/select.class
>      876  Stored      876   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ab6432f2
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/update.class
>     3381  Stored     3381   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 74d7013d
>  WEB-INF/classes/servlets/verifica_adreca_mail.class
>    68622  Stored    68622   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 655267b0
>  WEB-INF/lib/commons-fileupload-1.3.jar
>    72446  Stored    72446   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ee0402ad
>  WEB-INF/lib/commons-fileupload-1.4.jar
>   173587  Stored   173587   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 11e1d2ae
>  WEB-INF/lib/commons-io-2.2.jar
>   276413  Stored   276413   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 0960e347
>  WEB-INF/lib/commons-io-2.7.jar
>   571894  Stored   571894   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 bd531eed
>  WEB-INF/lib/postgresql-9.2-1002.jdbc4.jar
>     5828  Stored     5828   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1fa46300  WEB-INF/web.xml
>     7302  Stored     7302   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d9d23f28  ao/ao.js
>     3846  Stored     3846   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 7faa4e71  ao/ao.jsp
>      207  Stored      207   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f3b91803  ao/css/ao.css
>      408  Stored      408   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4939b57f  ao/css/curs.css
>      707  Stored      707   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4cec215f 
ao/css/cursos.css

>      480  Stored      480   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5f91d758
>  ao/css/justificants.css
>     1572  Stored     1572   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 db2f2077  ao/css/mails.css
>     2739  Stored     2739   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 9337a491  ao/curs.js
>     1977  Stored     1977   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3472d158  ao/curs.jsp
>      952  Stored      952   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6446bdb1  ao/login.html
>      557  Stored      557   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 c1afe1aa
>  ao/ok_acus_de_rebut.jsp
>      125  Stored      125   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 2fead9ce
>  confirma_preinscripcions/confirma_preinscripcions.css
>     3301  Stored     3301   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 562ef6f9
>  confirma_preinscripcions/confirma_preinscripcions.js
>     4310  Stored     4310   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d11a05ae
>  confirma_preinscripcions/confirma_preinscripcions.jsp
>      416  Stored      416   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 161a2391
>  css/background_video.css
>      406  Stored      406   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 47d233a0
>  css/dialegs/dialeg_error.css
>      812  Stored      812   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 179ba5a2
>  css/dialegs/dialeg_mail.css
>     1058  Stored     1058   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 7dd70075
>  css/dialegs/dialeg_seleccio_curs.css
>     1126  Stored     1126   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e0f2711f
>  css/dialegs/dialeg_send_mail.css
>      165  Stored      165   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 df56b4a4 
css/main/body.css
>     1330  Stored     1330   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d92acef1
>  css/main/checkbox.css
>      584  Stored      584   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f695f43e
>  css/main/editable_select.css
>      647  Stored      647   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 c8ba767e
>  css/main/tooltip.css
>      102  Stored      102   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5601fcc4
>  css/main/usuari.css
>      285  Stored      285   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e0d72d58 
css/msg_error.css
>      187  Stored      187   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 44c2dd79
>  css/parts/banner.css
>     1402  Stored     1402   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f94bff17 
css/parts/camp.css
>      413  Stored      413   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5051772a
>  css/parts/titol.css
>      291  Stored      291   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 d59f3ce3 
cursos/cursos.css
>     1525  Stored     1525   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 19dc0bc4  cursos/cursos.js
>     3549  Stored     3549   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 13e82cdd 
cursos/cursos.jsp

>     1806  Stored     1806   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b9c782a0  estat/estat.css
>     5662  Stored     5662   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 43139f54  estat/estat.js
>     3755  Stored     3755   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 a1bc9c2c  estat/estat.jsp
>     6538  Stored     6538   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 07aabcc8  img/aplausos.png
>    17077  Stored    17077   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f118fd9d
>  img/aprenonline.png
>    45941  Stored    45941   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 07919663
>  img/banner_escola_tardor.png
>     3397  Stored     3397   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 fbdc6379  img/buscar.png
>  1431646  Stored  1431646   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4cf36abc  img/campana.mp4
>     7069  Stored     7069   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 16d7da73  img/canviar.png
>     3343  Stored     3343   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e71742ae  img/clip.png
>    17457  Stored    17457   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3c3714ec  img/cors_leo.png
>    29229  Stored    29229   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 891a3db3
>  img/escola_tardor.png
>     1406  Stored     1406   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 0cd17c57  img/favicon.ico
>  3261017  Stored  3261017   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 cd700a48  img/focs.mp4
>   174950  Stored   174950   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3fd0f639
>  img/guia-matriculacio.pdf
>     4060  Stored     4060   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ab9cb05c
>  img/icona_error.png
>     4713  Stored     4713   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 de6f8472  img/mail.png
>     4369  Stored     4369   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 c565ef0f  img/no.png
>     4135  Stored     4135   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 1df92a1c  img/ok.png
>     2804  Stored     2804   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 8f2310eb  img/publicar.png
>     4929  Stored     4929   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 c1d028d3  img/publicat.png
>     6807  Stored     6807   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4feff591  img/up.png
>      757  Stored      757   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 acd826a3  index.css
>     6661  Stored     6661   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5c634eba  index.js
>     8046  Stored     8046   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f7617d88  index.jsp
>      581  Stored      581   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b672d8d2  js/checks.js
>      513  Stored      513   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 3e4f49f1  js/file.js
>   449307  Stored   449307   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 84322173
>  js/jquery/jquery-ui-1.10.2.sunny.js
>     4044  Stored     4044   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 a7ff7726
>  js/jquery/js.cookie.js
>      573  Stored      573   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b8c42057  js/variables.js
>      903  Stored      903   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e56a2dcb  load.jsp
>      865  Stored      865   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 6d39567c
>  mail_conegut/mail_conegut.js
>     1093  Stored     1093   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 f0119af9
>  mail_conegut/mail_conegut.jsp
>     2069  Stored     2069   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 dae8eb2d
>  matriculacio/dades_correctes.js
>     4850  Stored     4850   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 5080a9fc
>  matriculacio/matriculacio.js
>     6584  Stored     6584   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 a75ed884
>  matriculacio/matriculacio.jsp
>     3588  Stored     3588   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 73b3f633
>  nou_estudiant/nou_estudiant.js
>     5411  Stored     5411   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b53b9be2
>  nou_estudiant/nou_estudiant.jsp
>       68  Stored       68   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ac7440a1  pagament/fet.css
>       83  Stored       83   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 482ab0e3  pagament/fet.js
>     2014  Stored     2014   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 b2d9ae2a  pagament/fet.jsp
>      571  Stored      571   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e104af5a
>  pagament/fileupload.css
>      791  Stored      791   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 4b498eec
>  pagament/fileupload.js
>      138  Stored      138   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 099ff24c
>  pagament/pagament.css
>      296  Stored      296   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 e7843b95
>  pagament/pagament.js
>     3652  Stored     3652   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ee410140
>  pagament/pagament.jsp
>     2950  Stored     2950   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 53c5923e
>  verificacio/verificacio.js
>     4159  Stored     4159   0% 2020-08-27 13:18 ee173d12
>  verificacio/verificacio.jsp
> --------          -------  ---                            -------
>  7070694          7070694   0%                            429 files
>
> Hope it's usefull!
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Carles
>
>
>
> Missatge de Christopher Schultz <[hidden email]> del dia
dj.,

> 27 d’ag. 2020 a les 19:41:
>
> Carles,
>
> On 8/27/20 12:19, Carles Franquesa wrote:
> >>> Hi Everybody!, Just got in the list :)
> >>>
> >>> I am developing a webapp with Netbeans 8.0.2, and deploying it as a
> >>> WAR file with Apache 8.5.57 Tomcat Manager onto my VPS where a
> >>> mydomain.com is publically mapped on the DNS.
> >>>
> >>> It works fine in localhost, and even at the VPS when the IP and
> >>> path is set in the url browser: <a href="http://ip:port/myapp">http://ip:port/myapp. Then, it
> >>> works.
> >>>
> >>> When trying to connect via my registered domain in the browser
> >>> url, astonishingly, the index.jsp is correctly shown, but none of
> >>> its links to other JSPs are going on. The first one is called
> >>> cursos.jsp.
>
> Do you mean that the links don't work (the browser won't follow them),
> or you get an error when you click on those links because of the JSP
> compilation errors?
>
> >>> The included file before the <head> tag is the same in index.jsp as
> >>> in cursos.jsp, located in webapps/myapp/cursos/cursos.jsp which
> >>> produces the error.
>
> Your attachment was stripped from your message, but I don't think it
> is really necessary to understand what's going on.
>
> >>> The begining of both files is:
> >>>
> >>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------------
> >>>
> >>>
> <%@page session="true" %>
> >>> <%@page import="lib.Text"%>
> >>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> >>>
> >>>
> I also have been looking at stackoverflow, and found some amazing
> >>> solutions, like ending the import with a semicolon. But it neither
> >>> worked at all.
> >>>
> >>> My purpose is to make it work on mydomain.eu that I have already
> >>> registered and mapped in the DNS.
> >>>
> >>> The error message given by any browser is printed next.
> >>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> >>>
> >>>
> Tipo Informe de Excepción
> >>>
> >>> mensaje Unable to compile class for JSP
> >>>
> >>> Descripción El servidor encontró un error interno que hizo que no
> >>> pudiera rellenar este requerimiento.
> >>>
> >>> excepción
> >>>
> >>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
> >>> JSP:
> >>>
> >>> An error occurred at line: [14] in the generated java file:
> >>> [/opt/tomcat/work/Catalina/
> >>> mydoamin.com/cursos/org/apache/jsp/cursos_jsp.java] Only a type can
> >>> be imported. lib.Text resolves to a package
> >>>
> >>> ... and here, error is repeated for several classes
> >>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> >>>
> >>>  So, it seems that the class loader does not find the classes
> >>> located at its default repository.
> >>>
> >>> I have been looking for the way tomcat uses classpaths. In
> >>> particular, the role of its class loaders. And specifically, the
> >>> "shared.loader" class loader.
> >>>
> >>> I even tried to set the value "webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes" in
> >>> the catalina.properties file (even though it is not supposed to be
> >>> needed).
> >>>
> >>> I have been looking for this in
> >>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html.
> >>> There, learned about the four loaders of tomcat. And as long as I
> >>> understood, the classes repository should be located at
> >>> ${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes. The place where
> >>> Tomcat Manager leaves it when the WAR is uploaded.
> >>>
> >>> Ultimately, the
> >>> ${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class
> >>> certainly exists!, so I am stuck in telling the loader where the
> >>> classes are.
>
> You shouldn't have to mess around with class loaders or anything,
> though that was good information for you to read. And you have
> understood it correctly!
>
> Can you take the WAR file you have deployed on the server and run this
> on it?
>
> $ unzip -v my.war
>
> Can you post the contents? It should contain, among other things:
> WEB-INF/classes/lib/Text.class
>
> I'm wondering if the WAR file isn't including something that is
> present on your local system when you test (and where it works properly)
> .
>
> -chris
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]