Apache and Tomcat

Vanessa Campos
Hi, everybody.

I'm trying to make Apache 2.0.55 connect to Tomcat 5, using mod_jk.
I'm getting "cannot find worker", and my config files seems to be ok.

Is there other way to make Apache and Tomcat talk?
I read that it's recommended to use mod_proxy_ajp, but it's only
available on Apache 2.2, and there is no stable build of Apache 2.2
for Windows (my server is windows 2003).

Thank you,

Vanessa Campos
[hidden email]
ICQ 35381281

"Efetivamente, para o homem, enquanto homem, nada tem valor a menos que ele possa executa-lo com entusiasmo" Max Weber

Re: Apache and Tomcat

Gaël Lams
Hi,

> I'm trying to make Apache 2.0.55 connect to Tomcat 5, using mod_jk.
> I'm getting "cannot find worker", and my config files seems to be ok.
>
> Is there other way to make Apache and Tomcat talk?
> I read that it's recommended to use mod_proxy_ajp, but it's only
> available on Apache 2.2, and there is no stable build of Apache 2.2
> for Windows (my server is windows 2003).

I've no experience of using Tomcat & Apache on windows but mod_jk is
for sure the way to go. i.e the connector to be used.
Are you sure there is no error in your configuration files, maybe a
misspelling in the workers.properties? Could you post your
configuration files?

Regards,

Gaël

Re: Apache and Tomcat

foo shyn-2
Hi,

I'd tried connecting Apache 2.0 with Tomcat 4.1 for a few times and no
problem occur so far.
I'm using jk2 package though.

Steps involve:
1) Copy the apache mod_jk module into the modules folder.
2) Change the httpd.conf file and add in the module in 'LoadModule' section
3) Paste the workers2.properties file into the Apache conf folder
4) Ammend the properties file with the webapps that i need to access from
Apache
5) Stop Tomcat, restart Apache and start Tomcat

Hope this helps

FooShyn