ApacheCon slides with .odp extension

Huxing Zhang
Hi

I have noticed that some of the ApacheCon slides are in .odp format:

http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Seamless%20Upgrades%20for%20Credential%20Security%20in%20Apache%20Tomcat.odp
http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Let's%20Encrypt%20Apache%20Tomcat.odp

The .odp format does not work for me because it is for OpenOffice (I don't have OpenOffice installed on my Mac OS), and neither Pages and Microsoft PowerPoint could open it.

I am wondering that should it be convert it to a more universal format like pdf, so that more people can open it without any confusion.

Thanks,
Huxing

Re: ApacheCon slides with .odp extension

Christopher Schultz-2
Huxing,

On 6/16/17 1:40 AM, Huxing Zhang wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have noticed that some of the ApacheCon slides are in .odp format:

http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Seamless%20Upgrades%20for%20Credential%20Security%20in%20Apache%20Tomcat.odp

http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Let's%20Encrypt%20Apache%20Tomcat.odp

> The .odp format does not work for me because it is for OpenOffice (I
don't have OpenOffice installed on my Mac OS), and neither Pages and
Microsoft PowerPoint could open it.

> I am wondering that should it be convert it to a more universal format
like pdf, so that more people can open it without any confusion.

Sorry about that... I usually convert to PDF as well. Looks like I idn't
do it in this case. I've published the PDF versions in the same directory.

Re: ApacheCon slides with .odp extension

Huxing Zhang
Chris,

These two pdf files are not accessible to me:
http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Let's%20Encrypt%20Apache%20Tomcat.pdf
http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Seamless%20Upgrades%20for%20Credential%20Security%20in%20Apache%20Tomcat.pdf

I got 403 FORBIDDEN for the above links.

From:Christopher Schultz <[hidden email]>
Time:2017 Jun 21 (Wed) 02:05
To:dev <[hidden email]>
Subject:Re: ApacheCon slides with .odp extension

On 6/20/17 10:48 PM, Huxing Zhang wrote:
> These two pdf files are not accessible to me:
> http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Let's%20Encryp
t%20Apache%20Tomcat.pdf

http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Seamless%20Upgra
des%20for%20Credential%20Security%20in%20Apache%20Tomcat.pdf

> I got 403 FORBIDDEN for the above links.

Apologies for the late reply: the permissions on these files have been
corrected.

I'm also going to be changing the public URLs to the presentations to
be the .pdf versions.

> From:Christopher Schultz <[hidden email]> Time:2017
> Jun 21 (Wed) 02:05 To:dev <[hidden email]> Subject:Re:
> ApacheCon slides with .odp extension
>

> Huxing,
>
> On 6/16/17 1:40 AM, Huxing Zhang wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have noticed that some of the ApacheCon slides are in .odp
>> format:
>>

> http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Seamless%20Upg
rades%20for%20Credential%20Security%20in%20Apache%20Tomcat.odp

20Apache%20Tomcat.odp

>> The .odp format does not work for me because it is for OpenOffice
>> (I
> don't have OpenOffice installed on my Mac OS), and neither Pages
> and Microsoft PowerPoint could open it.
>>
>> I am wondering that should it be convert it to a more universal
>> format
> like pdf, so that more people can open it without any confusion.
>
> Sorry about that... I usually convert to PDF as well. Looks like I
> idn't do it in this case. I've published the PDF versions in the
> same directory.
>
> Thanks, -chris

Re: ApacheCon slides with .odp extension

Huxing Zhang
Hi Chris,

Works for me, thanks!

From:Christopher Schultz <[hidden email]>