Quantcast

Connector Connection Timeout

Patrick Flaherty-3
Hi,

I see that the default connection timeout for the Tomcat connector by
default is set to 20000 (20 sec).
This has been the shipping default for 5.x, 6.x and 7.x (in the
server.xml) The documentation describes
the default timeout to be 60000 (60 sec). Is the default value of
20000 in the server.xml for for 5.x, 6.x
and 7.x set to 20000 for a reason instead of the documented 60000
default ?

Thanks
-Pat

Re: Connector Connection Timeout

André Warnier
Patrick Flaherty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that the default connection timeout for the Tomcat connector by
> default is set to 20000 (20 sec).
> This has been the shipping default for 5.x, 6.x and 7.x (in the
> server.xml) The documentation describes
> the default timeout to be 60000 (60 sec). Is the default value of 20000
> in the server.xml for for 5.x, 6.x
> and 7.x set to 20000 for a reason instead of the documented 60000 default ?

The default values indicated in the Connector documentation mean : the default value in
case you do *not* specify this attribute.

If the default server.xml explicitly specifies a value for these attributes, then of
course it overrides whatever default value this setting would have if the server.xml did
not specify it.

Otherwise said : the server.xml shipped with Tomcat is an *example*, using reasonably
standard values.

If this is not clear, someone else have a try, please.