Error on Running Perl CGI on Tomcat

Robert Kerry
I know this has been asked for millions of time, but I searched google
for the entire day but did not get an answer, instead I found millions
of ppl who have the same problem as I am. The problem is simple:
1. The same code runs well on command line
2. When Running on Tomcat, the html file gives such error:
Software error:
Can't connect to MySQL database: Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106)
3. OS is Windows XP
4. I am pretty sure that Tomcat, Perl interpreter, MySQL runs well seperately.

I don't know what to do and since it is a joint question of 3
softwares, I'm gonna
send it to the three maillist and see finally if anybody could give
correct answers to it. Thanks

Regards,
Robert.

Can mulitple domains share one web app?

paries
Hello,

I will try to ask this question so it makes sense.

I have a webapp.

Currently I have 2000 people that share the same web app

For example

www.mydomain.com/sue
www.mydomain.com/fred

Etc....  All these guys have their own directories, but they are a single
web app.

Now I have many (100s ) that want their own domains. I do not want to create
100 webapps

Currently have a work around where
www.sue.com gets redirected via apache to www.mydomain.com/sue
So this way they start at their domain, but the immediately they see the
www.mydomain.com/sue

So is there a way to have one webapp share multiple domains?

Thanks
Randy

Re: Error on Running Perl CGI on Tomcat

Jason Bainbridge
On 5/20/05, Robert Kerry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know this has been asked for millions of time, but I searched google
> for the entire day but did not get an answer, instead I found millions
> of ppl who have the same problem as I am. The problem is simple:
> 1. The same code runs well on command line
> 2. When Running on Tomcat, the html file gives such error:
> Software error:
> Can't connect to MySQL database: Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106)
> 3. OS is Windows XP
> 4. I am pretty sure that Tomcat, Perl interpreter, MySQL runs well seperately.
>
> I don't know what to do and since it is a joint question of 3
> softwares, I'm gonna
> send it to the three maillist and see finally if anybody could give
> correct answers to it. Thanks

Look at the very bottom post on this page:

http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/MIRRORS/ftp.mysql.com/doc/en/Can_not_connect_to_server.html

I would say at a guess you are running XP SP2 and that just causes
headaches when trying to do anything server related, when you run the
app from the command line you run it as you but I would say your
Tomcat is installed as a service and is running as LocalSystem so it
has trouble opening the port.

You could also try running the Tomcat service as yourself and if that
works create a special Tomcat service account.

Regards.
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - [hidden email]

Re: Can mulitple domains share one web app?

Parsons Technical Services
Alias might do what you want with one reservation, you cannot have
www.mydomain.com/bob
www.yourdomain.com/bob
as different folders. These will be the same folder. So each /folder will
have to be unique even though the domain names are different.

Doug