Fail if web.xml resource not linked?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi everyone,

Wonder if I missed a flag or if we need to add one to fail if web.xml
defines some resource but not context.xml "binding" (or server.xml).

Concretely it would mainly be about datasources and sessions. Since they
have a default factory (jndi) they will default to an instance which does
not make sense for applications in 100% of cases.

Is it something already discussed? Goal is really to identify the
configuration is incomplete faster (at startup) and not have a working
smoke test (lookup returns something) and broken runtime (getConnection for
ex).

Romain Manni-Bucau