Fwd: Jersey libraries 1.18 worked with Tomcat 7 but failing with Tomcat 9 : Root resource classes not getting scanned

Fwd: Jersey libraries 1.18 worked with Tomcat 7 but failing with Tomcat 9 : Root resource classes not getting scanned

Yogish Anand
Hi,

We were using Tomcat 7 and the Jersey libraries 1.18 was able to scan the
packages with the below two lines

com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig.init Scanning for root
resource and provider classes in the packages:
    v1

com.sun.jersey.api.core.ScanningResourceConfig logClasses
    INFO: Root resource classes found:
    class v1.add

We migrated to Tomcat 9 (Note : We use the old server.xml which we used in
Tomcat 7), we are getting only the below line but we don't get the message
"Root resource classes found" and the REST API is failing

com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig.init Scanning for root
resource and provider classes in the packages:
    v1

Please let me know how to troubleshoot and fix the issue?

Thanks,

Yogish

Re: Fwd: Jersey libraries 1.18 worked with Tomcat 7 but failing with Tomcat 9 : Root resource classes not getting scanned

Christopher Schultz-2
Yogish,

On 1/29/21 01:24, Yogish Anand wrote:

> We were using Tomcat 7 and the Jersey libraries 1.18 was able to scan the
> packages with the below two lines
>
> com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig.init Scanning for root
> resource and provider classes in the packages:
>      v1
>
> com.sun.jersey.api.core.ScanningResourceConfig logClasses
>      INFO: Root resource classes found:
>      class v1.add
>
> We migrated to Tomcat 9 (Note : We use the old server.xml which we used in
> Tomcat 7)

You should probably stop right now and fix that. conf/server.xml files
are not compatible between versions unless you are extraordinarily lucky.

> we are getting only the below line but we don't get the message
> "Root resource classes found" and the REST API is failing
>
> com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig.init Scanning for root
> resource and provider classes in the packages:
>      v1
>
> Please let me know how to troubleshoot and fix the issue?

I think you will get better feedback from the Jersey project than the
Tomcat project. We have no idea what Jersey is doing when it scans for
"root resource and provider classes".