Fwd: forms authentication in cluster

Bharan Bhaskar

Note: forwarded message attached.

Yahoo! Mail
Hi

I have two tomcat servers 4.0.x  with apache 1.3.x to load balance the requests. Now when a new browser is opened and i used forms based authentication it takes me to the correct page but when i submit that page the servlet gets executed which takes me to the login page instead of the next page it has to.

Now i again login and it takes me to that next page and logoff and then login again and it behaves fine and i do this many times in the same browser it is fine. This happens only when a new browser is opened and it makes me authenticate twice with the authentication.

I wanted to know if there is any modification to the login configuration is required if it is a clustered tomcat server. Please let me know. Thank you for your time

Bharan