HTTP2: Connections abruptly closed by sending GOAWAY

HTTP2: Connections abruptly closed by sending GOAWAY

Arshiya Shariff
Hi All,
Tomcat is closing connections abruptly by sending GOAWAY with reason
Connection [5309], Stream [57,359], An error occurred during processing that was fatal to the connection .

Just trying to understand in what scenarios this happens. Can you please help us.

Embedded tomcat: 9.0.22

Thanks and Regards
Arshiya Shariff

Re: HTTP2: Connections abruptly closed by sending GOAWAY

markt
On 07/09/2020 09:29, Arshiya Shariff wrote:
> Hi All,
> Tomcat is closing connections abruptly by sending GOAWAY with reason
> Connection [5309], Stream [57,359], An error occurred during processing that was fatal to the connection .
>
> Just trying to understand in what scenarios this happens. Can you please help us.

An unhandled InterruptedIOException during I/O.

I/O exception writing an intermediate 100 response for a request with an
expectation.

I/O exception trying to initiate a push request.

I/O exception committing, flushing or closing a stream.

So, generally, any I/O exception that indicates the connection between
the client and the server is broken.

RE: HTTP2: Connections abruptly closed by sending GOAWAY

Arshiya Shariff

Thank you for the response Mark .

Hi All,

Can you please help us understand this behavior .

The following is the sequence of events that is happening for a few streams .

Initially when the stream is opened , it processes fine , but beyond some time tomcat does not process the headers, for which the client is sending RST_STREAM (ERROR: NO_ERROR) and then tomcat closes the stream with GOAWAY (An error occurred during processing that was fatal to the connection).

Please help us analyze under which cases this happens .

Embedded tomcat:9.0.22

Thanks and Regards

Arshiya Shariff

On 07/09/2020 09:29, Arshiya Shariff wrote:

> Hi All,

> Tomcat is closing connections abruptly by sending GOAWAY with reason

> Connection [5309], Stream [57,359], An error occurred during processing that was fatal to the connection .

> Just trying to understand in what scenarios this happens. Can you please help us.

An unhandled InterruptedIOException during I/O.

I/O exception writing an intermediate 100 response for a request with an expectation.

I/O exception trying to initiate a push request.

I/O exception committing, flushing or closing a stream.

So, generally, any I/O exception that indicates the connection between the client and the server is broken.

Re: HTTP2: Connections abruptly closed by sending GOAWAY

Martin Grigorov
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 3:31 PM Arshiya Shariff
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the response Mark .
>

> Hi All,
>

> Can you please help us understand this behavior .
>
> The following is the sequence of events that is happening for a few
> streams .
>
> Initially when the stream is opened , it processes fine , but beyond some
> time tomcat does not process the headers, for which the client is sending
> RST_STREAM (ERROR: NO_ERROR) and then tomcat closes the stream with GOAWAY
> (An error occurred during processing that was fatal to the connection).

Your images didn't make it thru the mailing list.
https://markmail.org/message/c5pz2bmuaeodrlhr
Please use some image bin and give us the url.

> Please help us analyze under which cases this happens .
>
> Embedded tomcat:9.0.22
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Arshiya Shariff

Other connection streams during the same time are working fine .

Please find the link to the images : img2 has GOAWAY packet
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11r6rnbciayHIMNCLXDm4JFUowHJqp8ox

Please help us analyze under which cases this happens .

Embedded tomcat:9.0.22

Thanks and Regards

Arshiya Shariff

On 07/09/2020 09:29, Arshiya Shariff wrote:

> Hi All,

> Tomcat is closing connections abruptly by sending GOAWAY with reason

> Connection [5309], Stream [57,359], An error occurred during processing that was fatal to the connection .

> Just trying to understand in what scenarios this happens. Can you please help us.

An unhandled InterruptedIOException during I/O.

I/O exception writing an intermediate 100 response for a request with an expectation.

I/O exception trying to initiate a push request.

I/O exception committing, flushing or closing a stream.

So, generally, any I/O exception that indicates the connection between the client and the server is broken.

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

RE: HTTP2: Connections abruptly closed by sending GOAWAY

Arshiya Shariff
Hi All ,
Any update on this please .

Thanks and Regards
Arshiya Shariff

Please find the link to the images : img2 has GOAWAY packet https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=85ab1ff6-db0bff6f-85ab5f6d-8682aaa22bc0-561cdc1c5bb5b447&q=1&e=47308773-70b3-4fac-9ca3-96f35ff17679&u=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Fdrive%2Ffolders%2F11r6rnbciayHIMNCLXDm4JFUowHJqp8ox