JASPIC and classloaders

Roberto Benedetti-2
Hello,
I'm developing a ServerAuthModule implementation to use a 3rd party identity provider with our web applications. Tomcat version is 9.0.35.
The implementation depends on some libraries already packaged with the web applications.
To avoid conflicts I tried to configure server.loader in catalina.properties with a directory containing the ServerAuthModule implementation and the dependencies, but it does not work because classes are not found.
It seems that authenticators and JASPIC classes are loaded by the common classloader and not the server (catalina) classloader.
Can anyone confirm this?
Is removing those dependencies from web applications and put them in ${tomcat.home}/lib, the only solution?

Roberto