JDK 10: First Release Candidate - JDK 10 b43

JDK 10: First Release Candidate - JDK 10 b43

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland
   Hi Mark,

*JDK 10 build 43 is our first JDK 10 Release Candidate [1]*

  * JDK 10 Early Access  build 43 is available at : - jdk.java.net/10/

Notable changes since previous email.**

*build 43
*

  * JDK-8194764 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8194764> -
    javac incorrectly flags deprecated for removal imports
  * JDK-8196678 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8196678> -
    avoid printing uninitialized buffer in os::print_memory_info on AIX
  * JDK-8195837 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8195837> -
    (tz) Upgrade time-zone data to tzdata2018c

**

*Bug fixes reported by Open Source Projects  :*

  * JDK-8196296 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8196296>
    Lucene test crashes C2 compilation

*Security Manager Survey
*

If you have written or maintain code that uses the SecurityManager or
related APIs such as the AccessController,
then we would appreciate if you would complete this survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RSGMF3K
More info on the survey  [2]

Regards,
Rory

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2018-February/000742.html
[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2018-February/000649.html

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA , Dublin, Ireland

Re: JDK 10: First Release Candidate - JDK 10 b43

markt
Mostly as a note to myself, this RC is affected by:

It doesn't look like the fix is going to be back-ported to Java 10 so we
are probably stuck with the current workaround[1] for some time.

Mark

[1] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1821708