Quantcast

Language/Locale processing within Tomcat

Language/Locale processing within Tomcat

stevecoh1
I've just realized I have a problem with my application running in
Tomcat related to Spanish-language text input by the users.

When running my application on an Ubuntu 7.10 platform, I have no
problems with Spanish language characters.  When I run the same
application on the production RHEL 5 platform, I can see mangling of the
accented characters in my log file and downstream at various points.

Yet both platforms report

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Where else do I need to look?

Re: Language/Locale processing within Tomcat