Mapping everything to Tomcat? (mod_jk)

Luis Torres
Hello Everyone, first post to the list  =)

I have a test setup with Solaris 9, Apache 2.043, mod_jk and two tomcats
(4.131 & JDK 1.5.0)

To have the Tomcats handling the applications, first I used the
following lines but the problem was that my jsp's where taken by tomcat
but my images, css and other elements where served by apache, hence my
images, styles, etc where not found by the server since they are all
inside /webapps/app_name/images
---
Lines of httpd.conf:
JkMount /*.jsp loadbalancer
JkMount /servlet/* loadbalancer

Also, servlets never worked using this directives.

To solve this, probably in not the best manner I just passed everything
to tomcat using (in httpd.conf):
JkMount /* loadbalancer

This worked without a glitch altough I havent done extensive testing.

So the question is... what is the best way to achieve this?? And, How
bad can things get if I leave it like that. The server is meant to be
used only as an apps server and not a normal web server so I'm using
apache strictly as a front end for load balancing and all the things you
get with mod_jk

Thanks,

Luis

Re: Mapping everything to Tomcat? (mod_jk)

Alan Chandler
On Friday 08 July 2005 01:53, Luis Torres wrote:

> Hello Everyone, first post to the list  =)
>
> I have a test setup with Solaris 9, Apache 2.043, mod_jk and two tomcats
> (4.131 & JDK 1.5.0)
>
> To have the Tomcats handling the applications, first I used the
> following lines but the problem was that my jsp's where taken by tomcat
> but my images, css and other elements where served by apache, hence my
> images, styles, etc where not found by the server since they are all
> inside /webapps/app_name/images

Use JkAutoAlias /.../webapps or just use a standard Apache Alias directive to
map the Apache <location> around the webapps <directory> [Not sure what the
different between JkAutoAlias and plain Alias - I just use the former]

Note also I had to jkmount /*.do to get struts to work.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk