No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Bernd Wahlen

We are running a cluster of 5 tomcats behind
a loadbalancer (shared big ip f5).
Traffic is http, https and websocket.
After upgrading one of the servers to
Tomcat 8.5.16 this server get no traffic anymore.
Everything is running fine until 8.0.45.
If i connect directly against the node
with 8.5, everything is running fine also,
so it must be a issue related to the loadbalancing
or loadbalancing checks.

I read the changes and tries the following

1.)
https://www.joedog.org/2016/02/28/test-connectivity-to-an-ajp-server-with-ajping/
=> AJP is still working

2.)
Configure CookieProcessor to LegacyCookieProcessor

but no success.
Any idea what to i can check or what changed related
to that problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Bernd Wahlen
K2 Interactive GmbH


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

M. Manna
When you upgraded the affected tomcat from 8.0.45 to 8.5.16, Did you take
it off the server farms first? Or did you do it without?
Try to remove the affected tomcat off the server farm. Do you upgrade, and
then put it back inside the farm.

Or have you tried this already?

On 31 July 2017 at 17:59, Bernd Wahlen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
> We are running a cluster of 5 tomcats behind
> a loadbalancer (shared big ip f5).
> Traffic is http, https and websocket.
> After upgrading one of the servers to
> Tomcat 8.5.16 this server get no traffic anymore.
> Everything is running fine until 8.0.45.
> If i connect directly against the node
> with 8.5, everything is running fine also,
> so it must be a issue related to the loadbalancing
> or loadbalancing checks.
>
> I read the changes and tries the following
>
> 1.)
> https://www.joedog.org/2016/02/28/test-connectivity-to-an-aj
> p-server-with-ajping/
> => AJP is still working
>
> 2.)
> Configure CookieProcessor to LegacyCookieProcessor
>
> but no success.
> Any idea what to i can check or what changed related
> to that problem?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Bernd Wahlen
> K2 Interactive GmbH
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Bernd Wahlen
Thanks for your help,

what do you mean with take it off the server farms first?

The upgrade process is like this:
stop tomcat
change symlink to new version
start tomcat

loadbalancer detect that the server is down and routes the traffic
to the other hosts.
This is like we always do since tomcat 6.
After downgrading back to the old version load is comming back fast.

Because of the shared infrastructure every change to the
loadbalancing pools must be ordered and costs money.



On 07/31/2017 07:04 PM, M. Manna wrote:

> When you upgraded the affected tomcat from 8.0.45 to 8.5.16, Did you take
> it off the server farms first? Or did you do it without?
> Try to remove the affected tomcat off the server farm. Do you upgrade, and
> then put it back inside the farm.
>
> Or have you tried this already?
>
> On 31 July 2017 at 17:59, Bernd Wahlen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>
>> We are running a cluster of 5 tomcats behind
>> a loadbalancer (shared big ip f5).
>> Traffic is http, https and websocket.
>> After upgrading one of the servers to
>> Tomcat 8.5.16 this server get no traffic anymore.
>> Everything is running fine until 8.0.45.
>> If i connect directly against the node
>> with 8.5, everything is running fine also,
>> so it must be a issue related to the loadbalancing
>> or loadbalancing checks.
>>
>> I read the changes and tries the following
>>
>> 1.)
>> https://www.joedog.org/2016/02/28/test-connectivity-to-an-aj
>> p-server-with-ajping/
>> => AJP is still working
>>
>> 2.)
>> Configure CookieProcessor to LegacyCookieProcessor
>>
>> but no success.
>> Any idea what to i can check or what changed related
>> to that problem?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>>
>> Bernd Wahlen
>> K2 Interactive GmbH
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

M. Manna
By farms, I am referring to your setup for 5 Tomcats.

Have you tried taking the affected server out completely from the farm? In
this way, you have 4 tomcats seen by the loadbalancer. Once you have done
the upgrade, re-register this server with your load balancer.

Also, have you checked whether your server.xml file and other settings
files are correct/as per your original settings - or is there any
adjustment that's required?

I am assuming that all you want to do is upgrade tomcat, so your server.xml
should have the identical settings to your other 4 tomcats.


On 31 July 2017 at 18:17, Bernd Wahlen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks for your help,
>
> what do you mean with take it off the server farms first?
>
> The upgrade process is like this:
> stop tomcat
> change symlink to new version
> start tomcat
>
> loadbalancer detect that the server is down and routes the traffic
> to the other hosts.
> This is like we always do since tomcat 6.
> After downgrading back to the old version load is comming back fast.
>
> Because of the shared infrastructure every change to the
> loadbalancing pools must be ordered and costs money.
>
>
>
>
> On 07/31/2017 07:04 PM, M. Manna wrote:
>
>> When you upgraded the affected tomcat from 8.0.45 to 8.5.16, Did you take
>> it off the server farms first? Or did you do it without?
>> Try to remove the affected tomcat off the server farm. Do you upgrade, and
>> then put it back inside the farm.
>>
>> Or have you tried this already?
>>
>> On 31 July 2017 at 17:59, Bernd Wahlen <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> We are running a cluster of 5 tomcats behind
>>> a loadbalancer (shared big ip f5).
>>> Traffic is http, https and websocket.
>>> After upgrading one of the servers to
>>> Tomcat 8.5.16 this server get no traffic anymore.
>>> Everything is running fine until 8.0.45.
>>> If i connect directly against the node
>>> with 8.5, everything is running fine also,
>>> so it must be a issue related to the loadbalancing
>>> or loadbalancing checks.
>>>
>>> I read the changes and tries the following
>>>
>>> 1.)
>>> https://www.joedog.org/2016/02/28/test-connectivity-to-an-aj
>>> p-server-with-ajping/
>>> => AJP is still working
>>>
>>> 2.)
>>> Configure CookieProcessor to LegacyCookieProcessor
>>>
>>> but no success.
>>> Any idea what to i can check or what changed related
>>> to that problem?
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Bernd Wahlen
>>> K2 Interactive GmbH
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

logo
In reply to this post by Bernd Wahlen
Hi Bernd,
 

> Am 31.07.2017 um 19:17 schrieb Bernd Wahlen <[hidden email]>:
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> what do you mean with take it off the server farms first?
>
> The upgrade process is like this:
> stop tomcat
> change symlink to new version
> start tomcat
>
> loadbalancer detect that the server is down and routes the traffic
> to the other hosts.
> This is like we always do since tomcat 6.
> After downgrading back to the old version load is comming back fast.
>
> Because of the shared infrastructure every change to the
> loadbalancing pools must be ordered and costs money.
>
>
>
>> On 07/31/2017 07:04 PM, M. Manna wrote:
>> When you upgraded the affected tomcat from 8.0.45 to 8.5.16, Did you take
>> it off the server farms first? Or did you do it without?
>> Try to remove the affected tomcat off the server farm. Do you upgrade, and
>> then put it back inside the farm.
>>
>> Or have you tried this already?
>>
>> On 31 July 2017 at 17:59, Bernd Wahlen <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> We are running a cluster of 5 tomcats behind
>>> a loadbalancer (shared big ip f5).
>>> Traffic is http, https and websocket.
>>> After upgrading one of the servers to
>>> Tomcat 8.5.16 this server get no traffic anymore.
>>> Everything is running fine until 8.0.45.
>>> If i connect directly against the node
>>> with 8.5, everything is running fine also,
>>> so it must be a issue related to the loadbalancing
>>> or loadbalancing checks.
>>>
>>> I read the changes and tries the following
>>>
>>> 1.)
>>> https://www.joedog.org/2016/02/28/test-connectivity-to-an-aj
>>> p-server-with-ajping/
>>> => AJP is still working
>>>
>>> 2.)
>>> Configure CookieProcessor to LegacyCookieProcessor
>>>
>>> but no success.
>>> Any idea what to i can check or what changed related
>>> to that problem?
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Bernd Wahlen
>>> K2 Interactive GmbH
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>>
Do you see F5-healthcheck-requests in your accesslogs? If so, did you compare the old and new responses?
If not, can the F5 reach your server, can you reach the HC-page?
Is the F5-HC checking for specific values, headers, response codes?

Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Christopher Schultz-2
In reply to this post by Bernd Wahlen
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Bernd,

On 7/31/17 12:59 PM, Bernd Wahlen wrote:

>
> We are running a cluster of 5 tomcats behind a loadbalancer (shared
> big ip f5). Traffic is http, https and websocket. After upgrading
> one of the servers to Tomcat 8.5.16 this server get no traffic
> anymore. Everything is running fine until 8.0.45. If i connect
> directly against the node with 8.5, everything is running fine
> also, so it must be a issue related to the loadbalancing or
> loadbalancing checks.
>
> I read the changes and tries the following
>
> 1.)
> https://www.joedog.org/2016/02/28/test-connectivity-to-an-ajp-server-w
ith-ajping/
>
>  => AJP is still working

Are you actually using AJP between F5 and Tomcat? I would find that an
unusual setup... usually F5 -> Tomcat would be HTTP(S).

> 2.) Configure CookieProcessor to LegacyCookieProcessor
>
> but no success. Any idea what to i can check or what changed
> related to that problem?

Do the access logs contain anything on the server running 8.5.16?

- -chris
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJZf44pAAoJEBzwKT+lPKRYQgkP/1jnzUOtvtyn3StOWeEOuYpv
1Y9xgmrOsxuf+zijVhaxpn3UHB+qfzEwAtm7PZJChY1wX3g8q6L+xPOK4awAD1YQ
6L1u/CkUevYTCO2zDorYVnUAsWp/NZoRAG9RQ3j7V7UDf+7C0kgADZxLdG9vr0Fs
VMhDQF+Yx/SfoeZtZkazmJupgz1aIXo6G88kpJgC/lGUFl++5Xa3HAIk6ZXBhatE
GQuNvyr+Ixf9xs5JRFTD7Uom6IST3k4FMl34nBrinrZHYuVtAOlsNuWt9zTSNpBZ
ZADpMfNKcp3Ctu/ejxWSVt+gCDZaxWJPh658paXyBlYgCNLbQ2uYIhICvJyiDdVW
YIeofaptCbRsyCm2gX7tdfSbWwIrIZ2dk/v0U6U41sjznMzHNiWdTzM+TIFkbTvR
ZNkG/iJ1Of8YHv8ode3PPYY+N6dvAW2jA6CVFpaq5XMW7/k3cKhCMAPpVZBMGzob
y6UM+i5fNBdwkJvxAIzvCBU/u7WIC7MwgtBXl1Swql1t1SY6R8+yaS+/R6hXrqBg
rUVB0UGFTTR893/AnskN84HSIx9ldMcNDxdCSQbmREGaUUzHhRegxCk84oak7BSI
06nveSXoxvSfDRhl8cR15HaSlcb57/ADQp+KNKuJ7UWme4QOpyyNM08Enj+Yusxo
6WkuTF3jOT87x2dr6nRl
=shAm
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Bernd Wahlen
Hi M, Peter and Christoph,

 >Have you tried taking the affected server out completely from the
 >farm? In this way, you have 4 tomcats seen by the loadbalancer. Once
 >you have done the upgrade, re-register this server with your load
 >balancer.

 >If not, can the F5 reach your server, can you reach the HC-page?

i have no access to the load balancer, because it's shared infrastructure.

 >Also, have you checked whether your server.xml file and other settings
 >files are correct/as per your original settings - or is there any
 >adjustment that's required?
 >I am assuming that all you want to do is upgrade tomcat, so your
 >server.xml
 >should have the identical settings to your other 4 tomcats.

of course: webapps, server.xml etc. all the same and if i make a request
direct against the upgraded server - no problem at all.

 >Do the access logs contain anything on the server running 8.5.16?

 >Do you see F5-healthcheck-requests in your accesslogs? If so, did you
 >compare the old and new responses?

tomcat 8.5
213.221.109.131 - - [01/Aug/2017:09:39:49 +0200] "GET / " 404 1070 "-"
"-" "-"
213.221.109.130 - - [01/Aug/2017:09:39:51 +0200] "GET / " 404 1070 "-"
"-" "-"

tomcat 8.0
213.221.109.130 - - [01/Aug/2017:09:57:18 +0200] "GET / " 404 994 "-"
"-" "-"
213.221.109.131 - - [01/Aug/2017:09:57:19 +0200] "GET / " 404 994 "-"
"-" "-"

The only difference that i see is that the Server Header is removed in
8.5 Server →Apache-Coyote/1.1

But that is not the problem, i checked in both directions: adding
the header to 8.5 and remove it from 8.0.
I also tried to add a empty index.html to GET 200 for the health-
checks, no changes.

 >Is the F5-HC checking for specific values, headers, response codes?

from my point if view not, just a port 80 check without checking
the response.
 >You can also use the default null Receive String value [""]. In this
 >case, any content retrieved is considered a match. If both the Send
 >String and Receive String are left empty, only a simple connection
 >check is performed.
 >https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/product/ltm_configuration_guide_10_0_0/ltm_monitors.html

 >Are you actually using AJP between F5 and Tomcat? I would find that an
 >unusual setup... usually F5 -> Tomcat would be HTTP(S).

I don't know if this connector is needed (maybe for https session
stickyness - i don't know how it is working exactly) I just tested any
port/connector to find differnences.


Many thanks in advance,

Bernd Wahlen
K2 Interactive GmbH

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

logo
 Bernd,



> Am 01.08.2017 um 11:01 schrieb Bernd Wahlen <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi M, Peter and Christoph,
>
> >Have you tried taking the affected server out completely from the >farm? In this way, you have 4 tomcats seen by the loadbalancer. Once >you have done the upgrade, re-register this server with your load >balancer.
>
> >If not, can the F5 reach your server, can you reach the HC-page?
>
> i have no access to the load balancer, because it's shared infrastructure.
>
> >Also, have you checked whether your server.xml file and other settings
> >files are correct/as per your original settings - or is there any
> >adjustment that's required?
> >I am assuming that all you want to do is upgrade tomcat, so your >server.xml
> >should have the identical settings to your other 4 tomcats.
>
> of course: webapps, server.xml etc. all the same and if i make a request
> direct against the upgraded server - no problem at all.
>
> >Do the access logs contain anything on the server running 8.5.16?
>
> >Do you see F5-healthcheck-requests in your accesslogs? If so, did you >compare the old and new responses?
>
> tomcat 8.5
> 213.221.109.131 - - [01/Aug/2017:09:39:49 +0200] "GET / " 404 1070 "-" "-" "-"
> 213.221.109.130 - - [01/Aug/2017:09:39:51 +0200] "GET / " 404 1070 "-" "-" "-"
>
> tomcat 8.0
> 213.221.109.130 - - [01/Aug/2017:09:57:18 +0200] "GET / " 404 994 "-" "-" "-"
> 213.221.109.131 - - [01/Aug/2017:09:57:19 +0200] "GET / " 404 994 "-" "-" "-"
>
From my perspective the Tomcat is working, responding and serving content.

That leads to the thought, that the F5 is not evaluating the response correctly.
In my opinion you should talk to the admins and ask them why they are not activating your service.
The Healthcheck of the F5 usually checks for certain data. 404 responses are strange but may also work.

The responses differ in size, so, there may be the problem (content and/or header differ!).  The new response is larger, so it's not only missing the Server header!

Peter

> The only difference that i see is that the Server Header is removed in 8.5 Server →Apache-Coyote/1.1
>
> But that is not the problem, i checked in both directions: adding
> the header to 8.5 and remove it from 8.0.
> I also tried to add a empty index.html to GET 200 for the health-
> checks, no changes.
>
> >Is the F5-HC checking for specific values, headers, response codes?
>
> from my point if view not, just a port 80 check without checking
> the response.
> >You can also use the default null Receive String value [""]. In this >case, any content retrieved is considered a match. If both the Send >String and Receive String are left empty, only a simple connection >check is performed.
> >https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/product/ltm_configuration_guide_10_0_0/ltm_monitors.html
>
> >Are you actually using AJP between F5 and Tomcat? I would find that an
> >unusual setup... usually F5 -> Tomcat would be HTTP(S).
>
> I don't know if this connector is needed (maybe for https session stickyness - i don't know how it is working exactly) I just tested any port/connector to find differnences.
>
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Bernd Wahlen
> K2 Interactive GmbH
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Bernd Wahlen
Hi Peter and thanks for your help.

> From my perspective the Tomcat is working, responding and serving content.
>
> That leads to the thought, that the F5 is not evaluating the response correctly.
> In my opinion you should talk to the admins and ask them why they are not activating your service.
> The Healthcheck of the F5 usually checks for certain data. 404 responses are strange but may also work.
>
> The responses differ in size, so, there may be the problem (content and/or header differ!).  The new response is larger, so it's not only missing the Server header!

The content size is different, but thats the default tomcat error
message, e.g.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
     <head>
         <title>Apache Tomcat/8.0.45 - Error report</title>
         <style type="text/css">H1
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
H2
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;}
H3
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;}
BODY
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;}
B
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;}
P
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A
{color : black;}A.name {color : black;}.line {height: 1px;
background-color: #525D76; border: none;}</style>
     </head>
     <body>
         <h1>HTTP Status 404 - /</h1>
         <div class="line"></div>
         <p>
             <b>type</b> Status report
         </p>
         <p>
             <b>message</b>
             <u>/</u>
         </p>
         <p>
             <b>description</b>
             <u>The requested resource is not available.</u>
         </p>
         <hr class="line">
         <h3>Apache Tomcat/8.0.45</h3>
     </body>
</html>

and changed a bit in 8.5, but there is definelty no check on the
content, because i created a empty index.html, then the response is
200/OK and content length is 0.
It is still working with 8.0 and not working with 8.5 again.

Many thanks in advance,

Bernd Wahlen
K2 Interactive GmbH

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Christopher Schultz-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Bernd,

On 8/1/17 5:43 AM, Bernd Wahlen wrote:

> Hi Peter and thanks for your help.
>
>> From my perspective the Tomcat is working, responding and
>> serving content.
>>
>> That leads to the thought, that the F5 is not evaluating the
>> response correctly. In my opinion you should talk to the admins
>> and ask them why they are not activating your service. The
>> Healthcheck of the F5 usually checks for certain data. 404
>> responses are strange but may also work.
>>
>> The responses differ in size, so, there may be the problem
>> (content and/or header differ!).  The new response is larger, so
>> it's not only missing the Server header!
>
> The content size is different, but thats the default tomcat error
> message, e.g.
>
> <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Apache Tomcat/8.0.45 - Error
> report</title> <style type="text/css">H1
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
D76;font-size:22px;}
>
>
H2
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
D76;font-size:16px;}
>
>
H3
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
D76;font-size:14px;}
>
>
BODY
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:whit
e;}
> B
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
D76;}
>
>
P
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font
- -size:12px;}A
>
>
{color : black;}A.name {color : black;}.line {height: 1px;

> background-color: #525D76; border: none;}</style> </head> <body>
> <h1>HTTP Status 404 - /</h1> <div class="line"></div> <p>
> <b>type</b> Status report </p> <p> <b>message</b> <u>/</u> </p>
> <p> <b>description</b> <u>The requested resource is not
> available.</u> </p> <hr class="line"> <h3>Apache
> Tomcat/8.0.45</h3> </body> </html>
>
> and changed a bit in 8.5, but there is definelty no check on the
> content, because i created a empty index.html, then the response
> is 200/OK and content length is 0. It is still working with 8.0 and
> not working with 8.5 again.

I wonder if the F5 is not happy with the HTTP response status "reason
string" being removed:

https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60362

What happens if you add the sendReasonPhrase="true" to your
<Connector> configuration and try again?

- -chris
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
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=lfPk
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Bernd Wahlen
Hi chris,

Many thanks!

That's the solution.

Bernd

> I wonder if the F5 is not happy with the HTTP response status "reason
> string" being removed:
>
> https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60362
>
> What happens if you add the sendReasonPhrase="true" to your
> <Connector> configuration and try again?


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)

Christopher Schultz-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Bernd,

On 8/1/17 12:07 PM, Bernd Wahlen wrote:

>> I wonder if the F5 is not happy with the HTTP response status
>> "reason string" being removed:
>>
>> https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60362
>>
>> What happens if you add the sendReasonPhrase="true" to your
>> <Connector> configuration and try again?
>
> Hi chris,
>
> Many thanks!
>
> That's the solution.

I've updated the Migration Guide to include a note about the HTTP
Reason Phrase. It should be up on the web site, soon.

Apologies for it not being in there in the first place... it's been a
hotly-contested subject since that change was made.

- -chris
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
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=CrHK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...