OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland


Hi Mark,

OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/15

  • These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
  • Features
    • Proposed to target JDK 15
      • JEP 383  Foreign-Memory Access API (Second Incubator)
    • Targeted to JDK 15
      • JEP 360  Sealed Classes (Preview)
      • JEP 379  Shenandoah: A Low-Pause-Time Garbage Collector (Production)
    • Integrated in JDK 15
      • JEP 339  Edwards-Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA)
      • JEP 371  Hidden Classes
      • JEP 372  Remove the Nashorn JavaScript Engine
      • JEP 373 Reimplement the Legacy DatagramSocket API
      • JEP 374  Disable and Deprecate Biased Locking
      • JEP 375  Pattern Matching for instanceof (Second Preview)
      • JEP 377  ZGC: A Scalable Low-Latency Garbage Collector
      • JEP 378  Text Blocks
      • JEP 381  Remove the Solaris and SPARC Ports
      • JEP 384  Records (Second Preview)
  • Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
    • build 23
      • localizedBy() should override localized values with default values (JDK-8244245)
      • Add revocation checking to jarsigner (JDK-8242060)
    • build 22
  • Project Lanai Early-Access Builds - Build 15-lanai+1-101 (2020/5/14)
    • These builds are intended for developers looking to test and provide feedback on using Project Lanai, which implements a new Java 2D graphics rendering pipeline for macOS.
    • These builds are based upon the latest state of the current in development JDK, and so may contain new features and unresolved bugs unrelated to Project Lanai.
    • These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
    • Please send feedback via e-mail to [hidden email]. To send e-mail to this address you must first subscribe to the mailing list.
  • Project Loom Early-Access Builds - Build 15-loom+7-141 (2020/5/11)

The Java Crypto Roadmap has been updated [2]

Rgds,Rory

[1] http://jdk.java.net/15/release-notes
[2] https://www.java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html
-- 
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA, Dublin, Ireland
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available

markt
Hi,

Basic smoke test (HTTP/2 requests and the WebSocket based snake game
both over TLS) passed.

1 build failure as expected due to bnd bug. Using 5.1.0-SNAPSHOT worked
around the issue. Looks like the bnd 5.1.0 release is still in progress.
There was an RC2 tag a few days ago.

1 test failure (on all three connectors) due to a new charset being
present. The test is working as designed (it fails if it detects a new
charset so we can make sure the list of known charsets in the cache is
complete) and I have updated the CharsetCache to recognise the new
Charset (ISO-8859-16).

There are a couple of bugs that are still open:
JDK-8234808
and (the following three are all variations on the same theme)
JDK-8233619
JDK-8240871
JDK-8241903

but they are not Java 15 specific.

So, in summary all looking OK at the moment for Java 15 as far as Tomcat
is concerned.


Mark



On 22/05/2020 10:02, Rory O'Donnell wrote:

>
> Hi Mark,
>
> OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/15 *
> *
>
>   * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
>       o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
>         Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
>   * Features
>       o Proposed to target JDK 15
>           + JEP 383 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/383>  Foreign-Memory
>             Access API (Second Incubator)
>       o Targeted to JDK 15
>           + JEP 360 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/360>  Sealed Classes
>             (Preview)
>           + JEP 379 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/379>  Shenandoah: A
>             Low-Pause-Time Garbage Collector (Production)
>       o Integrated in JDK 15
>           + JEP 339 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/339>  Edwards-Curve
>             Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA)
>           + JEP 371 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/371>  Hidden Classes
>           + JEP 372 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/372>  Remove the
>             Nashorn JavaScript Engine
>           + *JEP 373 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/373>**Reimplement
>             the Legacy DatagramSocket API*
>           + JEP 374 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/374>  Disable and
>             Deprecate Biased Locking
>           + JEP 375 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/375>  Pattern
>             Matching for instanceof (Second Preview)
>           + JEP 377 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/377>  ZGC: A Scalable
>             Low-Latency Garbage Collector
>           + JEP 378 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/378>  Text Blocks
>           + JEP 381 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/381>  Remove the
>             Solaris and SPARC Ports
>           + JEP 384 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/384>  Records (Second
>             Preview)
>   * Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
>       o build 24
>           + *JEP 373 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/373>**  Reimplement
>             the Legacy DatagramSocket API *(JDK-8241072
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8241072>)
>           + *JEP 374 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/374>  *Disable and
>             Deprecate Biased Locking (JDK-8231264
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8231264>)
>           + Support for Unicode 13.0**(JDK-8239383
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8239383>)
>           + Incorrect Man pages of Javadocs tool (JDK-8238697
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8238697>)
>               # reported by Apache Lucene
>           + 32-bit builds are broken after JDK-8242524 (JDK-8245070
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8245070>)
>               # Reported by JaCoCo*
>                 *
>       o build 23
>           + localizedBy() should override localized values with default
>             values (JDK-8244245
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8244245>)
>           + Add revocation checking to jarsigner (JDK-8242060)
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242060>
>       o build 22
>           + Deprecate -XX:ForceNUMA option (JDK-8243628
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8243628>)
>           + Removal of Comodo Root CA Certificate (JDK-8225069
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8225069>)
>           + Removal of DocuSign Root CA Certificate (JDK-8225068
>             <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8225068>)
>
>   * Project Lanai Early-Access Builds - Build 15-lanai+1-101 (2020/5/14)
>       o These builds are intended for developers looking to test and
>         provide feedback on using Project Lanai, which implements a new
>         Java 2D graphics rendering pipeline for macOS.
>       o These builds are based upon the latest state of the current in
>         development JDK, and so may contain new features and unresolved
>         bugs unrelated to Project Lanai.
>       o These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
>           + GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
>             Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
>       o Please send feedback via e-mail to [hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>. To send e-mail to this
>         address you must first subscribe to the mailing list
>         <https://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/lanai-dev>.
>   * Project Loom Early-Access Builds - Build 15-loom+7-141 (2020/5/11)
>       o These builds are intended for developers looking to "kick the
>         tyres" and provide feedback on using the API or by sending bug
>         reports. Warning: This build is based on an incomplete version
>         of JDK 15 <http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/15/>.
>       o These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
>           + GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
>             Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
>       o Please send feedback via e-mail to [hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>. To send e-mail to this
>         address you must first subscribe to the mailing list
>         <http://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/loom-dev>.
>
> *The **Java Crypto Roadmap** has been updated [2]*
>
> Rgds,Rory
>
> [1] http://jdk.java.net/15/release-notes
> [2] https://www.java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html
>
> --
> Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
> Quality Engineering Manager
> Oracle EMEA, Dublin, Ireland
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland
Many thanks, Mark!

On 26/05/2020 12:34, Mark Thomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Basic smoke test (HTTP/2 requests and the WebSocket based snake game
> both over TLS) passed.
>
> 1 build failure as expected due to bnd bug. Using 5.1.0-SNAPSHOT worked
> around the issue. Looks like the bnd 5.1.0 release is still in progress.
> There was an RC2 tag a few days ago.
>
> 1 test failure (on all three connectors) due to a new charset being
> present. The test is working as designed (it fails if it detects a new
> charset so we can make sure the list of known charsets in the cache is
> complete) and I have updated the CharsetCache to recognise the new
> Charset (ISO-8859-16).
>
> There are a couple of bugs that are still open:
> JDK-8234808
> and (the following three are all variations on the same theme)
> JDK-8233619
> JDK-8240871
> JDK-8241903
>
> but they are not Java 15 specific.
>
> So, in summary all looking OK at the moment for Java 15 as far as Tomcat
> is concerned.
>
>
> Mark
>
>
>
> On 22/05/2020 10:02, Rory O'Donnell wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/15 *
>> *
>>
>>    * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
>>        o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
>>          Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
>>    * Features
>>        o Proposed to target JDK 15
>>            + JEP 383 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/383>  Foreign-Memory
>>              Access API (Second Incubator)
>>        o Targeted to JDK 15
>>            + JEP 360 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/360>  Sealed Classes
>>              (Preview)
>>            + JEP 379 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/379>  Shenandoah: A
>>              Low-Pause-Time Garbage Collector (Production)
>>        o Integrated in JDK 15
>>            + JEP 339 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/339>  Edwards-Curve
>>              Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA)
>>            + JEP 371 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/371>  Hidden Classes
>>            + JEP 372 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/372>  Remove the
>>              Nashorn JavaScript Engine
>>            + *JEP 373 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/373>**Reimplement
>>              the Legacy DatagramSocket API*
>>            + JEP 374 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/374>  Disable and
>>              Deprecate Biased Locking
>>            + JEP 375 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/375>  Pattern
>>              Matching for instanceof (Second Preview)
>>            + JEP 377 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/377>  ZGC: A Scalable
>>              Low-Latency Garbage Collector
>>            + JEP 378 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/378>  Text Blocks
>>            + JEP 381 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/381>  Remove the
>>              Solaris and SPARC Ports
>>            + JEP 384 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/384>  Records (Second
>>              Preview)
>>    * Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
>>        o build 24
>>            + *JEP 373 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/373>**  Reimplement
>>              the Legacy DatagramSocket API *(JDK-8241072
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8241072>)
>>            + *JEP 374 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/374>  *Disable and
>>              Deprecate Biased Locking (JDK-8231264
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8231264>)
>>            + Support for Unicode 13.0**(JDK-8239383
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8239383>)
>>            + Incorrect Man pages of Javadocs tool (JDK-8238697
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8238697>)
>>                # reported by Apache Lucene
>>            + 32-bit builds are broken after JDK-8242524 (JDK-8245070
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8245070>)
>>                # Reported by JaCoCo*
>>                  *
>>        o build 23
>>            + localizedBy() should override localized values with default
>>              values (JDK-8244245
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8244245>)
>>            + Add revocation checking to jarsigner (JDK-8242060)
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242060>
>>        o build 22
>>            + Deprecate -XX:ForceNUMA option (JDK-8243628
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8243628>)
>>            + Removal of Comodo Root CA Certificate (JDK-8225069
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8225069>)
>>            + Removal of DocuSign Root CA Certificate (JDK-8225068
>>              <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8225068>)
>>
>>    * Project Lanai Early-Access Builds - Build 15-lanai+1-101 (2020/5/14)
>>        o These builds are intended for developers looking to test and
>>          provide feedback on using Project Lanai, which implements a new
>>          Java 2D graphics rendering pipeline for macOS.
>>        o These builds are based upon the latest state of the current in
>>          development JDK, and so may contain new features and unresolved
>>          bugs unrelated to Project Lanai.
>>        o These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
>>            + GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
>>              Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
>>        o Please send feedback via e-mail to [hidden email]
>>          <mailto:[hidden email]>. To send e-mail to this
>>          address you must first subscribe to the mailing list
>>          <https://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/lanai-dev>.
>>    * Project Loom Early-Access Builds - Build 15-loom+7-141 (2020/5/11)
>>        o These builds are intended for developers looking to "kick the
>>          tyres" and provide feedback on using the API or by sending bug
>>          reports. Warning: This build is based on an incomplete version
>>          of JDK 15 <http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/15/>.
>>        o These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
>>            + GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
>>              Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
>>        o Please send feedback via e-mail to [hidden email]
>>          <mailto:[hidden email]>. To send e-mail to this
>>          address you must first subscribe to the mailing list
>>          <http://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/loom-dev>.
>>
>> *The **Java Crypto Roadmap** has been updated [2]*
>>
>> Rgds,Rory
>>
>> [1] http://jdk.java.net/15/release-notes
>> [2] https://www.java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html
>>
>> --
>> Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
>> Quality Engineering Manager
>> Oracle EMEA, Dublin, Ireland
>>
--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA, Dublin, Ireland


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]