Possible memory leak in AprEndpoint

roman v
Hi!

I'm using tomcat 9 and in my application, the capacity of used memory
by direct buffer pools is increasing over time, after some research I
found that in AprEndpoint in method doClose "socketBufferHandler" is
not executing "free()" method call, and the link is just set to
"EMPTY":> socketBufferHandler = SocketBufferHandler.EMPTY;
It looks like because of this allocated native memory is not released.

Am I missing something here or is this a bug in tomcat?

Best Regards,
Roman

Re: Possible memory leak in AprEndpoint

Christopher Schultz-2
Roman,

On 1/28/21 08:00, roman v wrote:
> I'm using tomcat 9 and in my application, the capacity of used memory
> by direct buffer pools is increasing over time, after some research I
> found that in AprEndpoint in method doClose "socketBufferHandler" is
> not executing "free()" method call, and the link is just set to
> "EMPTY":> socketBufferHandler = SocketBufferHandler.EMPTY;
> It looks like because of this allocated native memory is not released.
>
> Am I missing something here or is this a bug in tomcat?

What exact version of Tomcat 9 are you running?

-chirs

Re: Possible memory leak in AprEndpoint

roman v
Hi Chris,