Re: Passing client certificate through Nginx to Tomcat SSL Valve

Luc

Re: Passing client certificate through Nginx to Tomcat SSL Valve

Luc
> On 23/06/2016 12:58, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Smarter sounds good to me. Why not try and write a patch for this?

I work faster with github pull-requests :)
https://github.com/apache/tomcat80/pull/8

> On a related topic, I wonder how tolerant
> CertificateFactory.generateCertificate() is since that will have an
> impact on exactly how smart the SSLValve needs to be.

In fact, I had to debug the SSL Valve to find why attribute was 'null'.
When doing '.parseCertificate' it was throwing and exception which I don't
know if it was being printed on any log file.
Lucas

Re: Passing client certificate through Nginx to Tomcat SSL Valve

Re: Passing client certificate through Nginx to Tomcat SSL Valve

> Lucas,
>
> On 5/27/17 9:41 AM, Lucas Ventura Carro wrote:
>>> On 23/06/2016 12:58, Mark Thomas wrote: Smarter sounds good to
>>> me. Why not try and write a patch for this?
>
>> I work faster with github pull-requests :)
>> https://github.com/apache/tomcat80/pull/8
>
> Pull-request == patch0

Variation on patch (simpler log testing, no regular expression usage)
applied to all current versions and will be included in the next release
of each.