Quantcast

Re: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

Re: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

samk-2
See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=6039 Posted on behalf of a User

try:
/manager/html instead!

Hi list,

I'm trying to use the manager webapp for the custom Ant tasks on Tomcat
6.0.9 with Sun Solaris 10. I've gone into the tomcat-users.xml file and
created a username/password admin/admin that has the manager role.
However, when I try to connect to the manager webapp by pointing my
browser to <a href="http://localhost:port/manager">http://localhost:port/manager, I get the error:

_The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

_I know I must be missing something obvious. I've searched Google for
suggestions and I've read the Manager How-To online but to no avail.
Perhaps I am missing some directories in my Tomcat installation? When I
try to navigate to <a href="http://localhost:port/tomcat-docs">http://localhost:port/tomcat-docs I receive the same
error.

Is it possible I have a directory in the wrong place? I doubt that would
be the case because I simply downloaded the Tomcat 6.0.9 core
distribution and followed the instructions. Do I need the deployer or
something?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

Robert K. Vanderhoek
Check to see if your webapps directory contains the /manager and
/tomcat-docs folders.  Also make sure your server.xml file is pointing
to the /webapps directory as its starting place.

--
Robert K. Vanderhoek
(603) 772-2305

RE: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

Martin Gainty

yes ..
specifically
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 08:08:02 -0400
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.
>
> Check to see if your webapps directory contains the /manager and
> /tomcat-docs folders.  Also make sure your server.xml file is pointing
> to the /webapps directory as its starting place.
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
> > See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=6039 Posted on behalf of a User
> >
> > try:
> > /manager/html instead!

> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm trying to use the manager webapp for the custom Ant tasks on Tomcat
> > 6.0.9 with Sun Solaris 10. I've gone into the tomcat-users.xml file and
> > created a username/password admin/admin that has the manager role.
> > However, when I try to connect to the manager webapp by pointing my
> > browser to <a href="http://localhost:port/manager">http://localhost:port/manager, I get the error:
> >
> > _The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.
> >
> > _I know I must be missing something obvious. I've searched Google for
> > suggestions and I've read the Manager How-To online but to no avail.
> > Perhaps I am missing some directories in my Tomcat installation? When I
> > try to navigate to <a href="http://localhost:port/tomcat-docs">http://localhost:port/tomcat-docs I receive the same
> > error.
> >
> > Is it possible I have a directory in the wrong place? I doubt that would
> > be the case because I simply downloaded the Tomcat 6.0.9 core
> > distribution and followed the instructions. Do I need the deployer or
> > something?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan

> > .
> >

> --
> Robert K. Vanderhoek
> (603) 772-2305
> Computer Technician
> IT Department
> Connor & Connor
> 16 Kingston Rd Unit #5
> Exeter, NH 03833

RE: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

Caldarale, Charles R
> From: Robert K. Vanderhoek [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: Re: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.
>
> Check to see if your webapps directory contains the /manager and
> /tomcat-docs folders.  Also make sure your server.xml file is pointing
> to the /webapps directory as its starting place.

Don't respond to this thread - it dates from over a year ago and was answered within a very short time of the question being asked.  Some clown was browsing techienuggets and responded to the initial message without ever reading any of the responses.  It's unfortunate that techienuggets works so poorly.

 - Chuck