Rép. : RE: Multi-click from the same user

Rép. : RE: Multi-click from the same user

Antonio Parolini
Allistair,

I have the same doubts you have... if the filter solution is not
enough, I'll try to dig deeper into the tomcat source to find out...

Antonio

>>> [hidden email] 07/07 11:16  >>>
Your idea sounds like it makes sense but I can see that you may have
trouble, since even if you can identify a duplicate request, you will
have lost (I think) the request/response link on each subsequent click
of the button (which generates unique requests). I do not think you'd be
able to connect an arbitrary request with a reponse that was intended
for an earlier request, but maybe I am wrong.

Allistair

server

> can get very slowed down.
>
> Aside of javascript solutions ( blocking the button to be clicked
> twice), is there a tomcat configuration solution for this probleme ?
>
> I would imaging for instance, a HTTP connector that detect that the
> same call is being made by the same browser (or same
> UserPrincipal), to
> the same url with the same parameters , and instead of raising a new
> thread, wait for the 1 thread to end and returns its result ... Am I
> dreaming ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Antonio Parolini

> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify
> the system manager.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474

RE: Rép. : RE: Multi-click from the same user

adcworks
The common way that this is achieved is similar to the previous poster. When a user clicks the button, you would actually move them to another page straightaway that spawns the 1 request thread and makes it very clear not to refresh the page. This is the strategy you can see with online booking services in particular like flights, holidays and so on, where it's essential that the user books once.

The previous poster (Mark) gives a solution where the server is no longer overloaded, but the second click makes the browser loose the result of the first click...

Your proposal is the standard javascript solution, where you act on the GUI to avoid mutli-click. Maybe I should pick that one....

Very helpfull feedback, thanks all.

Antonio

>>> [hidden email] 07/07 4:38  >>>
The common way that this is achieved is similar to the previous poster. When a user clicks the button, you would actually move them to another page straightaway that spawns the 1 request thread and makes it very clear not to refresh the page. This is the strategy you can see with online booking services in particular like flights, holidays and so on, where it's essential that the user books once.

MW Janssen
another solution...
make two layers...one for the form and one (waitlayer) with a text or image
with something like "system is busy".
after submit hide the layer of the form (and so also the buttons) and show
the waitlayer. So one request is only possible.

regards,

Maarten