Should c3p0 and postgres libraries be in $CATALINA_HOME/lib or each application's classpath?

Should c3p0 and postgres libraries be in $CATALINA_HOME/lib or each application's classpath?

Miguel Almeida
I used to put both  libraries in CATALINA_HOME, as past experiences made me
suspect of memory leaks if any of these 2 dependencies was in each
application's classpath.

However, the most recent c3p0 version has a dependency to
mchange-commons-java-0.2.11.jar (which also needs to be in CATALINA_HOME),
which made me re-think if that is the most appropriate location.

I added more contextual information (namely, c3p0's configuration in
spring) to
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45621073/where-to-put-c3p0-dependency-in-tomcat-container

Could you share your experience in defining the location of these two
dependencies?

Thank you!
Miguel