Sporadic failure of load a servlet filter

Sporadic failure of load a servlet filter

BOSECKER Nancy
Hi-

I have a servlet that loads when Tomcat is started. It's loaded from xml:
<Context docBase="<path to .war file>"
         privileged="true"
         antiResourceLocking="false"
         unpackWAR="true"
         swallowOutput="false">
</Context>

There isn't anything special about this particular one, but I've noticed that Tomcat fails to load it sporadically with:

2020-10-09 13:04:40,250 [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal      ] SEVERE  - One or more Filters failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file 2020-10-09T13:04:40.250217-07:00[America/Los_Angeles]
2020-10-09 13:04:40,251 [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal      ] SEVERE  - Context [/xxxxxx] startup failed due to previous errors 2020-10-09T13:04:40.251213700-07:00[America/Los_Angeles]

Sometimes, shutting down Tomcat and restarting is enough, or shutting down and waiting a few minutes and restarting works.
I'm using 8.5.5 on Windows when I see this.

Thanks,
Nancy

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Syst?mes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

Please be informed that your personal data are processed according to our data privacy policy as described on our website. Should you have any questions related to personal data protection, please contact 3DS Data Protection Officer at [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

For other languages, go to https://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer

Re: Sporadic failure of load a servlet filter

Christopher Schultz-2
Nancy,

On 10/9/20 16:12, BOSECKER Nancy wrote:

> I have a servlet that loads when Tomcat is started. It's loaded from xml:
> <Context docBase="<path to .war file>"
>          privileged="true"
>          antiResourceLocking="false"
>          unpackWAR="true"
>          swallowOutput="false">
> </Context>
>
> There isn't anything special about this particular one, but I've noticed that Tomcat fails to load it sporadically with:
>
> 2020-10-09 13:04:40,250 [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal      ] SEVERE  - One or more Filters failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file 2020-10-09T13:04:40.250217-07:00[America/Los_Angeles]
> 2020-10-09 13:04:40,251 [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal      ] SEVERE  - Context [/xxxxxx] startup failed due to previous errors 2020-10-09T13:04:40.251213700-07:00[America/Los_Angeles]
>
> Sometimes, shutting down Tomcat and restarting is enough, or shutting down and waiting a few minutes and restarting works.
> I'm using 8.5.5 on Windows when I see this.

Have you looked at the log file to see why the filter is failing?

RE: Sporadic failure of load a servlet filter

BOSECKER Nancy
Hi Chris -

>On 10/9/20 16:12, BOSECKER Nancy wrote:
>> I have a servlet that loads when Tomcat is started. It's loaded from xml:
>> <Context docBase="<path to .war file>"
>>          privileged="true"
>>          antiResourceLocking="false"
>>
>>          swallowOutput="false">
>> </Context>
>>
>> There isn't anything special about this particular one, but I've noticed that Tomcat fails to load it sporadically with:
>>
>> 2020-10-09 13:04:40,250 [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal      ] SEVERE  - One or more Filters failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file 2020-10-09T13:04:40.250217-07:00[America/Los_Angeles]
>> 2020-10-09 13:04:40,251 [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal      ] SEVERE  - Context [/xxxxxx] startup failed due to previous errors 2020-10-09T13:04:40.251213700-07:00[America/Los_Angeles]
>>
>> Sometimes, shutting down Tomcat and restarting is enough, or shutting down and waiting a few minutes and restarting works.
>> I'm using 8.5.5 on Windows when I see this.

> Have you looked at the log file to see why the filter is failing?

I tried to look, but nothing is being written to the logs at <apache-install>\logs. How do I enable logging there? We do other logging of servlet loading in our own logs, but the ones there - catalina, host-manager, localhost, and manager - those are all empty. If you could guide me on how to activate those, I could perhaps find more info.

Thanks!
Nancy
This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systèmes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.