Stopping service on Windows takes a long time

Stopping service on Windows takes a long time

Eric Lilja
Hi, I usually keep up with the latest version of Tomcat and use it for
personal projects. My main platform is Windows (10). I noticed with
9.0.14, using the application "Monitor Tomcat" that is takes a very long
time to stop the service. Maybe 3-5 times as long as previously. The
progress bar even cycles. I thought it might be a problem with my system
but today I needed to use Tomcat for something at work, and I saw the
same behavior on my work computer (which is also running Windows 10).
9.0.13 did not have this issue. Using the latest 64-bit Java 8 JDK
(update 192).

- Eric L

Re: Stopping service on Windows takes a long time

markt
On 11/01/2019 19:30, Eric Lilja wrote:
> Hi, I usually keep up with the latest version of Tomcat and use it for
> personal projects. My main platform is Windows (10). I noticed with
> 9.0.14, using the application "Monitor Tomcat" that is takes a very long
> time to stop the service. Maybe 3-5 times as long as previously. The
> progress bar even cycles. I thought it might be a problem with my system
> but today I needed to use Tomcat for something at work, and I saw the
> same behavior on my work computer (which is also running Windows 10).
> 9.0.13 did not have this issue. Using the latest 64-bit Java 8 JDK
> (update 192).

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml

Currently the last entry in the Catalina section.