Sybase DB Failure

Jim Henderson
I am trying to use the UserDatabaseRealm connecting to a Sybase DB server.
I get the following error:

---
May 20, 2005 11:17:34 AM org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm open
SEVERE: Exception performing authentication
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (JZ0SJ: Metadata accessor information was not
found on this database. Please install the required tables as mentioned in
the jConnect documentation.)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource
.java:855)
---

I looked up the error on Sybases's documentation and the message is:

Metadata accessor information was not found on this database.
Action: Install metadata information before making metadata calls.

Any suggestions?  There seem to be many references to the same error on the
WEB but they are not answered.

What metadata are thy talking about????

Re: Sybase DB Failure

Ed Robbins
I haven't done this in a long time, but Sybase has a utility, a SQL
script if I recall, that will configure the DB to allow you to connect
via JDBC.  I believe it comes with the JConnect distribution, which you
can download from Sybase.

Ed