Tomcat 5.0 & encodeRedirectURL

ben-91
Hi

Is it true that Tomcat will ignore the encoding if the request scheme
and URL protocol are not the same? So if I am currently on http and
would like to redirect to https, Tomcat will not encode the https URL
even though the the servername and the port are the same for both
protocols.

This is the reason why the session object always lost when switching
between http and https and vice versa.

What can I do in my app to maintain the session across protocols?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Tomcat 5.0 & encodeRedirectURL

Natasha Hasmani
Thank-you for your e-mail.

Please note that i will be away from the office starting Wednesday June
29th, returning Thursday July 7th, with no access to email.  In my absence,
kindly contact Cheri Dueck at [hidden email]

Kind Regards,

Natasha Hasmani
Senior Event Manager