Tomcat 9.0 M22 With HTTP 2.0 Without SSL

Tomcat 9.0 M22 With HTTP 2.0 Without SSL

Muhammad Edwin
Hello all,

Currently im installing Tomcat 9.0 for production usage, and been trying to
implement HTTP 2.0 for it.
But because there is no requirement from business user for SSL, so im
planning to implementing a common HTTP instead of HTTPS,
but it seems that all tutorial that i found on google enforcing SSL for
HTTP 2.0

So my question is, can we implement HTTP 2.0 on Apache Tomcat 9 without
using SSL.? Because im using Tomcat 9 for API usage from device. and not a
browser based application, so SSL is not a mandatory.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

--
Warm Regards,

Edwin

Re: Tomcat 9.0 M22 With HTTP 2.0 Without SSL

markt
On 29 July 2017 09:49:19 BST, Muhammad Edwin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Currently im installing Tomcat 9.0 for production usage, and been
>trying to
>implement HTTP 2.0 for it.
>But because there is no requirement from business user for SSL, so im
>planning to implementing a common HTTP instead of HTTPS,
>but it seems that all tutorial that i found on google enforcing SSL for
>HTTP 2.0
>
>So my question is, can we implement HTTP 2.0 on Apache Tomcat 9 without
>using SSL.? Because im using Tomcat 9 for API usage from device. and
>not a
>browser based application, so SSL is not a mandatory.
>
>Any help appreciated. Thank you.

You are probably out if luck. Most (all) user agents only support HTTP/2  with TLS.

On 29 July 2017 14:17:38 BST, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 29 July 2017 09:49:19 BST, Muhammad Edwin <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>Hello all,
>>
>>Currently im installing Tomcat 9.0 for production usage, and been
>>trying to
>>implement HTTP 2.0 for it.
>>But because there is no requirement from business user for SSL, so im
>>planning to implementing a common HTTP instead of HTTPS,
>>but it seems that all tutorial that i found on google enforcing SSL
>for
>>HTTP 2.0
>>
>>So my question is, can we implement HTTP 2.0 on Apache Tomcat 9
>without
>>using SSL.? Because im using Tomcat 9 for API usage from device. and
>>not a
>>browser based application, so SSL is not a mandatory.
>>
>>Any help appreciated. Thank you.
>
>You are probably out if luck. Most (all) user agents only support
>HTTP/2  with TLS.

Sorry. That is what I get for reading email too quickly on a phone.

Yes, Tomcat will support HTTP/2 over clear text  (h2c). Add the upgrade handler to an HTTP connector. I'm still on my phone so I can't give you a known working config but if the above doesn't work, post what you use and any error messages from the logs and we'll help you get it working.