Tomcat 9 cluster with FarmWarDeployer but without session replication

Tomcat 9 cluster with FarmWarDeployer but without session replication

Kamal Wickramanayake
Is it ever possible to configure a Tomcat 9 cluster with the FarmWarDeployer enabled but without session replication? Any guidelines?
TIAKamal

Re: Tomcat 9 cluster with FarmWarDeployer but without session replication

Mark Thomas-2
Kamal,

This is off the top of my head without testing it or even looking at the
code but you could try configuring a cluster with the FarmWarDeployer
and then deploying a web application via the FarmWarDeployer that has
the distributable flag set to false in web.xml

Mark

On 27/01/2021 05:44, Kamal Wickramanayake wrote:
> Is it ever possible to configure a Tomcat 9 cluster with the FarmWarDeployer enabled but without session replication? Any guidelines?
> TIAKamal

Re: Tomcat 9 cluster with FarmWarDeployer but without session replication

Kamal Wickramanayake
 Hi Mark,
Thank you very much. It works.
When the <distributable/> element is not present in the web.xml, FarmWarDeployer still works but without sessions getting replicated. I tested using a sample web application and then verified by analyzing the network traffic. No session data could be found on the wire when <distributable/> is not present.

Kamal