Tomcat - DeployonStartup

sri devops
Hello All, I have tomcat v8.5.23 installed on rhel 7

I set autoDeploy to false to stop tomcat reload or redeploy when web.xml or
context.xml is changed. I do not see deployOnStartup set to true anywhere
in my configuration but tomcat can able to successfully perform deployments
when war is present in webapps and perform tomcat service start manually,

My question is deployOnStartup=true, by default in tomcat (if no where
specified as false) ? If not, what makes tomcat perform successful
deployment (when autoDeploy is set to false)

Thanks
SD

Re: Tomcat - DeployonStartup

markt
On 30/05/18 16:23, sri devops wrote:

> Hello All, I have tomcat v8.5.23 installed on rhel 7
>
> I set autoDeploy to false to stop tomcat reload or redeploy when web.xml or
> context.xml is changed. I do not see deployOnStartup set to true anywhere
> in my configuration but tomcat can able to successfully perform deployments
> when war is present in webapps and perform tomcat service start manually,
>
> My question is deployOnStartup=true, by default in tomcat (if no where
> specified as false) ? If not, what makes tomcat perform successful
> deployment (when autoDeploy is set to false)

Have you tried reading the docs?

Re: Tomcat - DeployonStartup

sri devops
Yes now i see that, Thanks