Tomcat Security across context question?

Tomcat Security across context question?

Matt Carless
I'm using Tomcat to serve multiple contexts and I want
to add security to allow a single user to access the
multiple contexts after signing in on one of them.

I have managed to successfully do this when using
BASIC authentication login mechanism but this does not
meet my requirements. This is because the login
mechanism I need to use is the FORM based login
mechanism.

The security realm I'm using is a JDBC one set up in
server.XML.

This all works fine when just logging into one context
but when I then try to go to another context, after a
login on the first,  that context also requires me to
login again. All the contexts have the same security
constraint for the role that has access.

Is this possible to login accross multiple contexts
after a single sign-on when using the FORM based login
mechanism?

RE: Tomcat Security across context question?

Caldarale, Charles R
> From: Matt Carless [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: Tomcat Security across context question?
>
> Is this possible to login accross multiple contexts
> after a single sign-on when using the FORM based login
> mechanism?

Have you tried the Single Sign On valve?
0On

(You didn't bother to say what version of Tomcat you're using, so the
above reference may need to be adjusted for your level.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: Tomcat Security across context question?

Matt Carless
sorry, the tomcat version I'm using is 5.0.28
I look for the valve docs for that version

Thanks

--- "Caldarale, Charles R"