Tomcat - out of resources

Cam T
Hello
I am running a jsp which uses jstl/xml to load and transform data into a
form as well jstl/core logic. It has been working fine until I have
re-installed tomcat 4.1.31 from the exe download which also install tomcat
as a windows service. It doesn't always errors to this it does so
intermittently. Any clues anyone on how to check memory issues in tomcat?

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

The system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(
DefaultErrorHandler.java:85)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(
ErrorDispatcher.java:248)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:315)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:328)

Many thanks

RE: Tomcat - out of resources

Caldarale, Charles R
> From: Cam T [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: Tomcat - out of resources
>
> It doesn't always errors to this it does so
> intermittently. Any clues anyone on how to
> check memory issues in tomcat?

This comes up frequently.  Read the FAQ:
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/memory.html

Search the archives:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&r=1&w=2

 - Chuck