( URGENT Please ) tomcat connection refused

( URGENT Please ) tomcat connection refused

Abdullah Abdullah
Dear all

I am trying to create a secure connection between tomcat server and a
browser. I have done exactly the same as the instructions on

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html

but when I tried to connect on the port   https://localhost:8443  , an alert
popped up saying (( The connection was refused when attepting to contact
localhost:8443 .

So, I would be very grateful if anyone can let me know what is the problem
??

Thanks in advance

Abdullah

RE: ( URGENT Please ) tomcat connection refused

David Shapiro
Did you generate the RSA key with the changeit password?  Did you uncomment
the section with 8443 port configuration?  Did you wait long enough for the
server to start (tail -f the catalina.out log and wait for it to see 8443
has started).  What is in the catalina.out log?  Any errors?  On IBM AIX I
had to change the protocol to IbmX503 and use SSL instead of TLS.  Try
changing TLS to SSL (see the section for configuring 8443 to do this).

David