Upgrading Tomcat from 7.0.34 to 8.0.53

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Upgrading Tomcat from 7.0.34 to 8.0.53

Nelligan, Steven M

I am in the process of upgrading our systems from Tomcat 7.0.34 to Tomcat 8.0.53 and Java 7 to Java 8

I'm not sure if this is a java 8 or a Tomcat 8 issue.

We have several application which use EJBs.  These are not working.  I have no experience in EJB's and having problems trying to figure out what is happening.

Because of my lack of knowledge on EJB's the following may be rambling.

Via the java debugger, I am able to determine that the EJB is not be initialized.

Example of a class .
...
    @EJB
    CustomerService customerService;
    @EJB
    OrderStatusService orderStatusService;
    @EJB
    SettingService settingService;
    @EJB
    ErrorLogService errorLogService;
    @EJB
    EsbBroker esbBroker;
...
             orderStatusService.createOrderStatus(orderRequest);
...

On the original server orderStatusService has a value, but in the new server the value is null.

Is there something with Tomcat 8/Java 8 I need to change to get the code to work correctly?

If this is not a Tomcat8 issue, please let me know and I can try to follow other avenues to get help.

Thanks in advance,
-Steve Nelligan


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Upgrading Tomcat from 7.0.34 to 8.0.53

markt
On 19/11/2020 18:48, Nelligan, Steven M wrote:
>
> I am in the process of upgrading our systems from Tomcat 7.0.34 to Tomcat 8.0.53 and Java 7 to Java 8

Tomcat 8.0.x is no longer supported. You need to upgrade to at least
8.5.x and preferably 9.0.x.

> I'm not sure if this is a java 8 or a Tomcat 8 issue.
>
> We have several application which use EJBs.  These are not working.  I have no experience in EJB's and having problems trying to figure out what is happening.

No Tomcat version has, or will ever, support EJBs.

You must be using some additional library to provide EJB support. It
looks like that is not configured correctly.

Mark


>
> Because of my lack of knowledge on EJB's the following may be rambling.
>
> Via the java debugger, I am able to determine that the EJB is not be initialized.
>
> Example of a class .
> ...
>     @EJB
>     CustomerService customerService;
>     @EJB
>     OrderStatusService orderStatusService;
>     @EJB
>     SettingService settingService;
>     @EJB
>     ErrorLogService errorLogService;
>     @EJB
>     EsbBroker esbBroker;
> ...
>              orderStatusService.createOrderStatus(orderRequest);
> ...
>
> On the original server orderStatusService has a value, but in the new server the value is null.
>
> Is there something with Tomcat 8/Java 8 I need to change to get the code to work correctly?
>
> If this is not a Tomcat8 issue, please let me know and I can try to follow other avenues to get help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Steve Nelligan
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Upgrading Tomcat from 7.0.34 to 8.0.53

Chuan Ong
Hi Steven

I think what you are looking for is called Apache TomEE which is a version
of tomcat that supports EJBs. You can find it here: https://tomee.apache.org.
Judging from what you are stating checkout version 7.1.4 plus.

Thanks.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 1:02 PM Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 19/11/2020 18:48, Nelligan, Steven M wrote:
> >
> > I am in the process of upgrading our systems from Tomcat 7.0.34 to
> Tomcat 8.0.53 and Java 7 to Java 8
>
> Tomcat 8.0.x is no longer supported. You need to upgrade to at least
> 8.5.x and preferably 9.0.x.
>
> > I'm not sure if this is a java 8 or a Tomcat 8 issue.
> >
> > We have several application which use EJBs.  These are not working.  I
> have no experience in EJB's and having problems trying to figure out what
> is happening.
>
> No Tomcat version has, or will ever, support EJBs.
>
> You must be using some additional library to provide EJB support. It
> looks like that is not configured correctly.
>
> Mark
>
>
> >
> > Because of my lack of knowledge on EJB's the following may be rambling.
> >
> > Via the java debugger, I am able to determine that the EJB is not be
> initialized.
> >
> > Example of a class .
> > ...
> >     @EJB
> >     CustomerService customerService;
> >     @EJB
> >     OrderStatusService orderStatusService;
> >     @EJB
> >     SettingService settingService;
> >     @EJB
> >     ErrorLogService errorLogService;
> >     @EJB
> >     EsbBroker esbBroker;
> > ...
> >              orderStatusService.createOrderStatus(orderRequest);
> > ...
> >
> > On the original server orderStatusService has a value, but in the new
> server the value is null.
> >
> > Is there something with Tomcat 8/Java 8 I need to change to get the code
> to work correctly?
> >
> > If this is not a Tomcat8 issue, please let me know and I can try to
> follow other avenues to get help.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > -Steve Nelligan
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>