Usage of Tomcat Logo combined with own logo.

Usage of Tomcat Logo combined with own logo.

bernd.schatz
Hi,

We created a library that offers an easy integration in our internal oidc infrastructure.
It is based on jaspic so it would work on any application server that support it,
But we want to push the use of open source application server like tomcat
Instead of closed source application server.

Therefore we want to advertise with an internal ,,Java Free and Open Source''
Logo combined with a small tomcat logo inside, is this allowed?

The logo will be used in te intranet but will be also visible
For all suppliers that work for us.

Thx in advance.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards/ नमस्ते(Namaste)
Bernd Schatz

Bernd Schatz
Büro: +49 711 17 41463
Mobile: +49 151 5862 6591
FAX: +49 711 17 7904 1252
mailto:[hidden email]
https://matter.i.daimler.com

openpgp-digital-signature.asc (501 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Usage of Tomcat Logo combined with own logo.

markt
On 21/05/2019 14:31, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We created a library that offers an easy integration in our internal oidc infrastructure.
> It is based on jaspic so it would work on any application server that support it,
> But we want to push the use of open source application server like tomcat
> Instead of closed source application server.
>
> Therefore we want to advertise with an internal ,,Java Free and Open Source''
> Logo combined with a small tomcat logo inside, is this allowed?
>
> The logo will be used in te intranet but will be also visible
> For all suppliers that work for us.
>
> Thx in advance.

Hi,

Generally, the ASF does permit project logos to be combined with other
logos. There are also restrictions on using ASF logos alongside other logos.

If you can show us an example of what you want to do, the Tomcat PMC can
consider granting an exception.