[VOTE] Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0

[VOTE] Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0

markt
The proposed Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0 is now
available for voting.

The significant changes since 0.1.0 are:

- Various fixes to the packages that are and are not converted

- A new option to process zip archives in memory to support zip files
  that use options that are incompatible with a streaming approach

- A new option to exclude files from transformation

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/jakartaee-migration/v0.2.0/

The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1299/

The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/tree/0.2.0
041e256e92078cd3b16a9adcd77faf257e3a5c88

The proposed 0.2.0 release is:

[ ] -1: Broken. Do not release because...
[ ] +1: Acceptable. Go ahead and release.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0

markt
On 11/02/2021 17:47, Mark Thomas wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0 is now
> available for voting.
>
> The significant changes since 0.1.0 are:
>
> - Various fixes to the packages that are and are not converted
>
> - A new option to process zip archives in memory to support zip files
>   that use options that are incompatible with a streaming approach
>
> - A new option to exclude files from transformation
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/jakartaee-migration/v0.2.0/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1299/
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/tree/0.2.0
> 041e256e92078cd3b16a9adcd77faf257e3a5c88
>
> The proposed 0.2.0 release is:
>
> [ ] -1: Broken. Do not release because...
> [X] +1: Acceptable. Go ahead and release.

Tested with my local changes that add migration to Tomcat 10. A WAR
built from the Tomcat 9 examples works happily (Servlets, JSPs,
WebSocket) on Tomcat 10.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0

remm
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 6:47 PM Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0 is now
> available for voting.
>
> The significant changes since 0.1.0 are:
>
> - Various fixes to the packages that are and are not converted
>
> - A new option to process zip archives in memory to support zip files
>   that use options that are incompatible with a streaming approach
>
> - A new option to exclude files from transformation
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/jakartaee-migration/v0.2.0/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1299/
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/tree/0.2.0
> 041e256e92078cd3b16a9adcd77faf257e3a5c88
>
> The proposed 0.2.0 release is:
>
> [ ] -1: Broken. Do not release because...
> [X] +1: Acceptable. Go ahead and release.

Rémy

> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0

Martin Grigorov
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 7:47 PM Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0 is now
> available for voting.
>
> The significant changes since 0.1.0 are:
>
> - Various fixes to the packages that are and are not converted
>
> - A new option to process zip archives in memory to support zip files
>   that use options that are incompatible with a streaming approach
>
> - A new option to exclude files from transformation
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/jakartaee-migration/v0.2.0/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1299/
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/tree/0.2.0
> 041e256e92078cd3b16a9adcd77faf257e3a5c88
>
> The proposed 0.2.0 release is:
>
> [ ] -1: Broken. Do not release because...
> [ X ] +1: Acceptable. Go ahead and release.

Built it from sources.
Migrated Apache Wicket 9.x examples application, with streaming.

Martin

> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1 (non binding)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Le mar. 16 févr. 2021 à 08:43, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 7:47 PM Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The proposed Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0 is now
> > available for voting.
> >
> > The significant changes since 0.1.0 are:
> >
> > - Various fixes to the packages that are and are not converted
> >
> > - A new option to process zip archives in memory to support zip files
> >   that use options that are incompatible with a streaming approach
> >
> > - A new option to exclude files from transformation
> >
> > It can be obtained from:
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/jakartaee-migration/v0.2.0/
> >
> > The Maven staging repo is:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1299/
> >
> > The tag is:
> > https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/tree/0.2.0
> > 041e256e92078cd3b16a9adcd77faf257e3a5c88
> >
> > The proposed 0.2.0 release is:
> >
> > [ ] -1: Broken. Do not release because...
> > [ X ] +1: Acceptable. Go ahead and release.
> >

> Built it from sources.
> Migrated Apache Wicket 9.x examples application, with streaming.
>
> Martin
>

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark

[VOTE][RESULT] Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.2.0

The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: markt, remm, mgrigorov

Non-binding:
+1: rmannibucau, (alitokmen implied via GitHub comment)

The vote therefore passes.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release.