[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.14

markt
The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.14 release is now available for voting.

The major changes compared to the 9.0.13 release are:

- Significant expansion of localisation support with the addition of
  Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Chinese (simplified) as well as
  the expansion of coverage for existing languages

- Refactor back ground processing and various independent thread pools
  to use a common executor

- Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.19 to
  pick up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.5 and OpenSSL
  1.1.1a.

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

For full details, see the changelog:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1199/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/

The proposed 9.0.14 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.14

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.14

isapir
On 12/6/2018 1:37 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.14 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.13 release are:
>
> - Significant expansion of localisation support with the addition of
>    Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Chinese (simplified) as well as
>    the expansion of coverage for existing languages
>
> - Refactor back ground processing and various independent thread pools
>    to use a common executor
>
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.19 to
>    pick up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.5 and OpenSSL
>    1.1.1a.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1199/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/
>
> The proposed 9.0.14 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.14

Tested on Windows 10 with Java 8u181

Igal

On 06/12/2018 21:37, Mark Thomas wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.14 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.13 release are:
>
> - Significant expansion of localisation support with the addition of
>   Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Chinese (simplified) as well as
>   the expansion of coverage for existing languages
>
> - Refactor back ground processing and various independent thread pools
>   to use a common executor
>
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.19 to
>   pick up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.5 and OpenSSL
>   1.1.1a.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1199/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/
>
> The proposed 9.0.14 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.14

Unit tests pass with Tomcat Native 1.2.19 on
OSX, Linux and Windows.

The o.a.tomcat.jni.TestSocketServer test failed on Windows but I believe
that is an issue with the test.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.14

remm
On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:37 PM Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.14 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.13 release are:
>
> - Significant expansion of localisation support with the addition of
>   Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Chinese (simplified) as well as
>   the expansion of coverage for existing languages
>
> - Refactor back ground processing and various independent thread pools
>   to use a common executor
>
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.19 to
>   pick up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.5 and OpenSSL
>   1.1.1a.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1199/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/
>
> The proposed 9.0.14 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.14
>
> There are a lot of new features in this release. Hopefully no regressions.

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.14

kfujino
2018年12月7日(金) 6:37 Mark Thomas <[hidden email]>:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.14 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.13 release are:
>
> - Significant expansion of localisation support with the addition of
>   Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Chinese (simplified) as well as
>   the expansion of coverage for existing languages
>
> - Refactor back ground processing and various independent thread pools
>   to use a common executor
>
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.19 to
>   pick up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.5 and OpenSSL
>   1.1.1a.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1199/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/
>
> The proposed 9.0.14 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.14

+1
Tested on test apps (enable session replication).

Keiichi.Fujino

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.14

Violeta Georgieva

На чт, 6.12.2018 г. в 23:37 ч. Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> написа:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.14 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.13 release are:
>
> - Significant expansion of localisation support with the addition of
>   Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Chinese (simplified) as well as
>   the expansion of coverage for existing languages
>
> - Refactor back ground processing and various independent thread pools
>   to use a common executor
>
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.19 to
>   pick up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.5 and OpenSSL
>   1.1.1a.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1199/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/
>
> The proposed 9.0.14 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.14

+1

Regards,
Violeta

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.14

Emmanuel Bourg
+1, tested on Debian 10 with OpenJDK 11.0.1 and OpenSSL 1.1.1a

Emmanuel Bourg

Le 06/12/2018 à 22:37, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.14 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.13 release are:
>
> - Significant expansion of localisation support with the addition of
>   Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Chinese (simplified) as well as
>   the expansion of coverage for existing languages
>
> - Refactor back ground processing and various independent thread pools
>   to use a common executor
>
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.19 to
>   pick up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.5 and OpenSSL
>   1.1.1a.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1199/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/
>
> The proposed 9.0.14 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.14

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.14

Coty Sutherland
On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:37 PM Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.14 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.13 release are:
>
> - Significant expansion of localisation support with the addition of
>   Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Chinese (simplified) as well as
>   the expansion of coverage for existing languages
>
> - Refactor back ground processing and various independent thread pools
>   to use a common executor
>
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.19 to
>   pick up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.5 and OpenSSL
>   1.1.1a.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1199/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/
>
> The proposed 9.0.14 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.14

+1

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.14

The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: markt, remm, kfujino, violetagg, ebourg, csutherl

Non-binding:
+1: isapir

The vote therefore passes. Thank you to every one who contributed to
this release.