[VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

Yoav Shapira-2
Hi,
Tomcat v5.5.15-beta was released last week, and hopefully people have
had time to test it a bit.  If you have, please vote on its stability
below.  If you haven't, you still can test it a bit and let us know
what you think ;)  As a reminder, only Tomcat committer votes are
binding, but everyone else is welcome to voice their opinion.

[ ] Stable - no major issues
[ ] Beta - at least one significant issue (what is it?)
[ ] Alpha - multiple significant issues, not recommended for use (why?)

--
Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

Peter Roßbach
> [x ] Stable - no major issues
+1 to release 5.5.15

Peter

Am 14.01.2006 um 16:37 schrieb Yoav Shapira:

> Hi,
> Tomcat v5.5.15-beta was released last week, and hopefully people have
> had time to test it a bit.  If you have, please vote on its stability
> below.  If you haven't, you still can test it a bit and let us know
> what you think ;)  As a reminder, only Tomcat committer votes are
> binding, but everyone else is welcome to voice their opinion.
>
> [ ] Stable - no major issues
> [ ] Beta - at least one significant issue (what is it?)
> [ ] Alpha - multiple significant issues, not recommended for use
> (why?)
>
> --
> Yoav Shapira
> System Design and Management Fellow
> MIT Sloan School of Management
> Cambridge, MA, USA
> [hidden email] / www.yoavshapira.com

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

M A-2
I have issue with the APR not delivering a page that was approx 14KB in
size,
I did post it on here but no one responded.

Is it a show stopper well for me it is it means i cant use APR ..

On 1/14/06, Yoav Shapira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Tomcat v5.5.15-beta was released last week, and hopefully people have
> had time to test it a bit.  If you have, please vote on its stability
> below.  If you haven't, you still can test it a bit and let us know
> what you think ;)  As a reminder, only Tomcat committer votes are
> binding, but everyone else is welcome to voice their opinion.
>
> [ ] Stable - no major issues
> [ ] Beta - at least one significant issue (what is it?)
> [ ] Alpha - multiple significant issues, not recommended for use (why?)
>
> --
> Yoav Shapira
> System Design and Management Fellow
> MIT Sloan School of Management
> Cambridge, MA, USA
> [hidden email] / www.yoavshapira.com

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

remm
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Hi,
> Tomcat v5.5.15-beta was released last week, and hopefully people have
> had time to test it a bit.  If you have, please vote on its stability
> below.  If you haven't, you still can test it a bit and let us know
> what you think ;)  As a reminder, only Tomcat committer votes are
> binding, but everyone else is welcome to voice their opinion.
>
> [X] Stable - no major issues
> [ ] Beta - at least one significant issue (what is it?)
> [ ] Alpha - multiple significant issues, not recommended for use (why?)

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

Jim Jagielski
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Hi,
> Tomcat v5.5.15-beta was released last week, and hopefully people have
> had time to test it a bit.  If you have, please vote on its stability
> below.  If you haven't, you still can test it a bit and let us know
> what you think ;)  As a reminder, only Tomcat committer votes are
> binding, but everyone else is welcome to voice their opinion.

[X] Stable - no major issues

Via local testing here

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

Mladen Turk-3
M A wrote:
> I have issue with the APR not delivering a page that was approx 14KB in
> size,
> I did post it on here but no one responded.

The thing you've posted makes no sense without
some way how to reproduce the bug.
This means that you would need to give us the jsp
and the exact procedure how to duplicate the bug.

BTW, what happens if you use some 'normal' client?

> Is it a show stopper well for me it is it means i cant use APR ..

Well, the APR works both on RHEL kernels and Debian one,
because I use regulary both of those platforms for testing.

Regards,
Mladen.

Yoav Shapira wrote:

> [X] Stable - no major issues

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

Jess Holle
We had issues with APR on Solaris, but:

    * These were with 5.5.12 (and I believe were related to shutdown).
    * We've not had time to investigate further, so we've not bothered
      anyone (as this may be our APR build or some such).

Overall, even if this was reproducible I'd not consider these worth
withholding the stable label unless this could be shown to be a
regression from previous "stable" releases containing APR.  [Thus I
wouldn't have considered this worth holding up 5.5.12 at any rate and
only worth holding up 5.5.15 if it worked in 5.5.12 (and was
reproducible, of course).]

--
Jess Holle

Mladen Turk wrote:

> M A wrote:
>> I have issue with the APR not delivering a page that was approx 14KB in
>> size,
>> I did post it on here but no one responded.
>>

> The thing you've posted makes no sense without
> some way how to reproduce the bug.
> This means that you would need to give us the jsp
> and the exact procedure how to duplicate the bug.
>
> BTW, what happens if you use some 'normal' client?
>
>> Is it a show stopper well for me it is it means i cant use APR ..
>>

> Well, the APR works both on RHEL kernels and Debian one,
> because I use regulary both of those platforms for testing.
>
> Regards,
> Mladen.

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

Jess Holle
P.S. We've not had a chance to test this on 5.5.15 to the best of my
knowledge.

Jess Holle wrote:

> We had issues with APR on Solaris, but:
>
>     * These were with 5.5.12 (and I believe were related to shutdown).
>     * We've not had time to investigate further, so we've not bothered
>       anyone (as this may be our APR build or some such).
>
> Overall, even if this was reproducible I'd not consider these worth
> withholding the stable label unless this could be shown to be a
> regression from previous "stable" releases containing APR.  [Thus I
> wouldn't have considered this worth holding up 5.5.12 at any rate and
> only worth holding up 5.5.15 if it worked in 5.5.12 (and was
> reproducible, of course).]
>
> --
> Jess Holle
>
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> M A wrote:
>>> I have issue with the APR not delivering a page that was approx 14KB in
>>> size,
>>> I did post it on here but no one responded.
>>>

>> The thing you've posted makes no sense without
>> some way how to reproduce the bug.
>> This means that you would need to give us the jsp
>> and the exact procedure how to duplicate the bug.
>>
>> BTW, what happens if you use some 'normal' client?
>>
>>> Is it a show stopper well for me it is it means i cant use APR ..
>>>

>> Well, the APR works both on RHEL kernels and Debian one,
>> because I use regulary both of those platforms for testing.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mladen.

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

jfarcand

> [ X ] Stable - no major issues
> [ ] Beta - at least one significant issue (what is it?)
> [ ] Alpha - multiple significant issues, not recommended for use (why?)

-- Jeanfrancois

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat v5.5.15 Stability

remm
Ok, so I guess 5.5.15 is stable then ;)