Quantcast

WARNING: Parameters : Invalid Chunk "xxxx" ignored

WARNING: Parameters : Invalid Chunk "xxxx" ignored

Richard da Silva
Hi all,

I am running an IDM application on Tomcat (I'm using version 6).

Everything is working fine; no problems (technically, anyway).

But, for some reason, I keep getting the following error report in my Tomcat Server window :
WARNING : Parameters : Invalid Chunk "<attribute name>" ignored

Usually, I get up to a dozen such messages (for each attribute being fetched into my application). I have no idea what this means.

As I said, the application is behaving as it should. So, I don't understand what this "error message" is referring to.

Any tips, please?

Thanks

Richard da Silva

RE: WARNING: Parameters : Invalid Chunk "xxxx" ignored

Caldarale, Charles R
> From: Richard da Silva [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: WARNING: Parameters : Invalid Chunk "xxxx" ignored
>
> I am running an IDM application on Tomcat (I'm using version 6).

Be precise; tell us your _exact_ Tomcat version.  While you're at it, tell us the JVM level you're running on, and the platform.

> But, for some reason, I keep getting the following error report in my
> Tomcat Server window :
> WARNING : Parameters : Invalid Chunk "<attribute name>" ignored

Both lines of the exact log message would be useful.

> Usually, I get up to a dozen such messages (for each attribute being
> fetched into my application). I have no idea what this means.

From looking at the 6.0.29 source code (org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters), it appears that it has detected badly formatted parameters on the URI.  You might want to enable the AccessLogValve or use Wireshark to see exactly what's coming into Tomcat.

 - Chuck

Re: WARNING: Parameters : Invalid Chunk "xxxx" ignored

Mark Shifman
google is your friend!

http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=118662577608193

Probably means somebody made a query-string that tomcat doesn't like.
mas

On 08/11/2010 08:28 AM, Richard da Silva wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am running an IDM application on Tomcat (I'm using version 6).
>
> Everything is working fine; no problems (technically, anyway).
>
> But, for some reason, I keep getting the following error report in my Tomcat Server window :
> WARNING : Parameters : Invalid Chunk "<attribute name>" ignored
>

> Usually, I get up to a dozen such messages (for each attribute being fetched into my application). I have no idea what this means.
>
> As I said, the application is behaving as it should. So, I don't understand what this "error message" is referring to.
>
> Any tips, please?
>
> Thanks
>

> Richard da Silva

Re: WARNING: Parameters : Invalid Chunk "xxxx" ignored

Richard da Silva
Thanks, Mark :=))

Richard da Silva