activation.jar / Tomcat 5.5 / JDK 5

Dale, Matt
Hi,

I've seen this mentioned before but no solution.

I'm trying to use javamail with the above set up but I keep getting "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource".

I have the activation.jar and have tried it in common/lib, shared/lib and WEB-INF/lib with no success and it is not a permissions problem.

Is it possible that this jar does not work with JDK 1.5? Any ideas on how to solve my problem as it's holding up my migration to Tomcat 5.5

Ta
Matt

RE: activation.jar / Tomcat 5.5 / JDK 5

adcworks
Hi,

Make sure you only have activation.jar and mail.jar in common/lib and not in your web application lib folder.

Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474

RE: activation.jar / Tomcat 5.5 / JDK 5

Dale, Matt

Have done that. Only ever had one copy of the jar.

Ta

Make sure you only have activation.jar and mail.jar in common/lib and not in your web application lib folder.

Allistair

Have you unpacked the activation.jar you have and verified this class exists ;) You've not left anything in shared/lib or the JRE hasn't anything that would find activation on your classpath no?

I hadn't unpacked it but use the same jar with no problems in Tomcat 5.0.2x and JDK 1.4.2. I did just now and it is there.

shared/lib is empty. I've also searched through the JDK directory and it's not there either.