apache tomcat like service

Oliver aka v1k1ng0
Hi,
I've apache tomcat like service, it works correctly. But I want know when
the apache tomcat service is restarted ... not only the latest restart. I
can see the last restart in stdout.log, but I want know when the service is
restarted, in for example a week. Apache tomcat doesn't generate nothing in
the windows viewfinder events / system? It doesn't generate nothing control
service manager ... 7035/7036 event ids ...
Thanks beforehand.

Cheers...

RE: apache tomcat like service

Serlet Jean-Claude
Hello

Under Windows 2000 i can see in "event viewer ==> Application Log" each
start and stop of Windows Services corresponding to a Tomcat's instance

Jean-Claude

Re: apache tomcat like service

Oliver aka v1k1ng0
Hello,

2006/3/1, Serlet Jean-Claude <[hidden email]>:

> Hello
>
> Under Windows 2000 i can see in "event viewer ==> Application Log" each
> start and stop of Windows Services corresponding to a Tomcat's instance
>
> Jean-Claude

are you sure in Application Log? I see many Control Service Manager in
System Log, but anything of Tomcat.
What event id has your entries of Tomcat? Do you have some auditing
directive activated? Thanks beforehand.

Cheers...

RE: apache tomcat like service

Serlet Jean-Claude
Hello

There are 5 instances Tomcat which are stopped every night and start every
morning
They were created as "Windows Services" and their start type are "automatic"
That's all i did : not any auditing directives
And i can see that these 5 services are stopped and started in the
"Application Log" : i get an "information" with the Service's name and when
i open this line i see that the service has stardet or stopped

Regards

Jean-Claude

Re: apache tomcat like service

Oliver aka v1k1ng0
Hello again :-)

2006/3/1, Serlet Jean-Claude <[hidden email]>:

> Hello
>
> There are 5 instances Tomcat which are stopped every night and start every
> morning
> They were created as "Windows Services" and their start type are
> "automatic"
> That's all i did : not any auditing directives
> And i can see that these 5 services are stopped and started in the
> "Application Log" : i get an "information" with the Service's name and when
> i open this line i see that the service has stardet or stopped
>
> Regards
>

> Jean-Claude

can you say me what version of apache tomcat do you have? I have v5.0.
Thanks again.

Cheers...