ip-based virtual hosting

Mirko-7
I know name-based virtual hosting works great in Tomcat but I am interested in
setting up ip-based virtual hosting in standalone Tomcat. Is that possible?

/Mirko

Re: ip-based virtual hosting

Bill Barker-2
"Mirko" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
>I know name-based virtual hosting works great in Tomcat but I am interested
>in
> setting up ip-based virtual hosting in standalone Tomcat. Is that
> possible?

It will be possible in TC 5.5.10.  It's not possible in any of the currently
released versions.

> /Mirko

Re: ip-based virtual hosting

Hassan Schroeder
Bill Barker wrote:

>>I ... am interested in
>>setting up ip-based virtual hosting in standalone Tomcat. Is that
>>possible?
>
> It will be possible in TC 5.5.10.  It's not possible in any of the currently
> released versions.

?! Could you explain, please?

Because I've currently got several systems running what *I* think of
as "IP-based virtual hosts" using TC 5.0.x and 5.5.x...

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [hidden email]
Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-938-0567   === http://webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.

Re: ip-based virtual hosting

Bill Barker-2

"Hassan Schroeder" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Bill Barker wrote:
>
>>>I ... am interested in
>>>setting up ip-based virtual hosting in standalone Tomcat. Is that
>>>possible?
>>
>> It will be possible in TC 5.5.10.  It's not possible in any of the
>> currently released versions.
>
> ?! Could you explain, please?
>
> Because I've currently got several systems running what *I* think of
> as "IP-based virtual hosts" using TC 5.0.x and 5.5.x...

All TC versions <= 5.5.9 use the Host header on the Request to map the
Request to a Host.  Starting with 5.5.10, it is possible to specify the
attribute useIPVHosts="true" on the <Connector> element that will cause
Tomcat to use request.getLocalName() to map the Request to a Host,
independently of whatever the browser has sent for the Host header.

Granted, it was assumed that this option would be mostly useful to people
using an AJP/1.3 Connector.  However, it will work with the standalone
Connector as well.