Quantcast

jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat - ajp_process_callback write failed

jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat - ajp_process_callback write failed

mateo-jl
Hello everybody,

i got many errors about mod_jk but i don't know whether it's the good forum ...
I have configured 4 tomcat identical servers reached by a front server apache through mod_jk.
When I look at the jkstatus page, I can note a strange behaviour: only the same server (4) is under loaded.
Regular percentages are:
1st:30% , 2nd:29%, 3rd:28, 4th:13%  (note: lbfactor is the same for the 4 workers)
I don't know which way I can scrutinize.
I just can see a lot of errors within error.log:
"Error connecting to tomcat" (not necessarily the 4th) or ajp_process_callback write failed.
So, the question is, which are the first checkings at tomcat configuration I can do ?
Do you have an "how to" for interpreting jkstatus ?
or is there any other way, a kind of pure tomcat tool,  to check the tomcat perfs.

Thank you very much
jl

Re: jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat - ajp_process_callback write failed

Rainer Jung-3
On 04.09.2009 11:42, mateo-jl wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> i got many errors about mod_jk but i don't know whether it's the good forum ...
> I have configured 4 tomcat identical servers reached by a front server apache through mod_jk.
> When I look at the jkstatus page, I can note a strange behaviour: only the same server (4) is under loaded.
> Regular percentages are:
> 1st:30% , 2nd:29%, 3rd:28, 4th:13%  (note: lbfactor is the same for the 4 workers)

What are therse percentages?

> I don't know which way I can scrutinize.
> I just can see a lot of errors within error.log:
> "Error connecting to tomcat" (not necessarily the 4th) or ajp_process_callback write failed.

Not good.

> So, the question is, which are the first checkings at tomcat configuration I can do ?

Read about timeouts:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/timeouts.html

All attributes are listed on

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

> Do you have an "how to" for interpreting jkstatus ?

Not really. What about jkstatus do you want to interprete?

There's a bit of information on

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/status.html

> or is there any other way, a kind of pure tomcat tool,  to check the tomcat perfs.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat - ajp_process_callback write failed

mateo-jl
Hello Rainer,

about the percentages ... 30% of the total requests are handled by the first tomcat server and so on ...
I don't know why the 4th server is under loaded whereas the four servers are configured the same way

about interpreting jkstatus ...
among many others infrmations, this page shows a datatable with all the resources that have been handled by the Tomcat servers at backend side... first of all, i would like to know if is there any way to easily collect, for each server, all the handled requests ? (the table shows resources in order of requesting) --> is there any tool able to put them in order ?
Then I can see resources as css, gif, js etc ... why there are visibles whereas mod_jk is supposed to redirect servlets actions to the container ?

Thank you
JLM

> Message du 07/09/09 11:43
> De : "Rainer Jung"
> A : "Tomcat Users List"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat - ajp_process_callback write failed
>

> On 04.09.2009 11:42, mateo-jl wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > i got many errors about mod_jk but i don't know whether it's the good forum ...
> > I have configured 4 tomcat identical servers reached by a front server apache through mod_jk.
> > When I look at the jkstatus page, I can note a strange behaviour: only the same server (4) is under loaded.
> > Regular percentages are:
> > 1st:30% , 2nd:29%, 3rd:28, 4th:13% (note: lbfactor is the same for the 4 workers)
>
> What are therse percentages?
>
> > I don't know which way I can scrutinize.
> > I just can see a lot of errors within error.log:
> > "Error connecting to tomcat" (not necessarily the 4th) or ajp_process_callback write failed.
>
> Not good.
>
> > So, the question is, which are the first checkings at tomcat configuration I can do ?
>
> Read about timeouts:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/timeouts.html
>
> All attributes are listed on
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html
>
> > Do you have an "how to" for interpreting jkstatus ?
>
> Not really. What about jkstatus do you want to interprete?
>
> There's a bit of information on
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/status.html
>
> > or is there any other way, a kind of pure tomcat tool, to check the tomcat perfs.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

Re: jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat - ajp_process_callback write failed

mateo-jl
Rainer,

i've forgotten in my last message;

Does these workers options are valid with mod_jk2 (mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll) ?
(http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html)

Do you think that the following message are relative to timeouts issues ?

"Error connecting to tomcat" (not necessarily the 4th) or ajp_process_callback write failed.

> Not good.

Thank You

JLM

> Message du 07/09/09 11:43
> De : "Rainer Jung"
> A : "Tomcat Users List"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat - ajp_process_callback write failed
>

> On 04.09.2009 11:42, mateo-jl wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > i got many errors about mod_jk but i don't know whether it's the good forum ...
> > I have configured 4 tomcat identical servers reached by a front server apache through mod_jk.
> > When I look at the jkstatus page, I can note a strange behaviour: only the same server (4) is under loaded.
> > Regular percentages are:
> > 1st:30% , 2nd:29%, 3rd:28, 4th:13% (note: lbfactor is the same for the 4 workers)
>
> What are therse percentages?
>
> > I don't know which way I can scrutinize.
> > I just can see a lot of errors within error.log:
> > "Error connecting to tomcat" (not necessarily the 4th) or ajp_process_callback write failed.
>
> Not good.
>
> > So, the question is, which are the first checkings at tomcat configuration I can do ?
>
> Read about timeouts:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/timeouts.html
>
> All attributes are listed on
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html
>
> > Do you have an "how to" for interpreting jkstatus ?
>
> Not really. What about jkstatus do you want to interprete?
>
> There's a bit of information on
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/status.html
>
> > or is there any other way, a kind of pure tomcat tool, to check the tomcat perfs.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

RE: jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat - ajp_process_callback write failed

Caldarale, Charles R
> From: mateo-jl [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: Re: jkstatus - Error connecting to tomcat -
> ajp_process_callback write failed
>
> Does these workers options are valid with mod_jk2 (mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll)

Nothing is valid with mod_jk2 - it has been deprecated and completely unsupported for several years.

 - Chuck

On 08.09.2009 14:40, mateo-jl wrote:
> Does these workers options are valid with mod_jk2 (mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll) ?
> (http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html)

No, mod_jk2 is deprecated since many years. mod_jk is well maintained
and the preferred way to go.

> Do you think that the following message are relative to timeouts issues ?
>
> "Error connecting to tomcat" (not necessarily the 4th) or ajp_process_callback write failed.

Not directly, they are what they say, namely errors when establishing a
new TCP connection to the Tomcat AJP connector. Timeouts help in making
the system generally more stable.

Regards,

Rainer