Quantcast

manager 404

Jon Drukman
I know absolutely nothing about tomcat but my company has just purchased
a product that uses it, and lucky me, I get to install it!

I set up a brand new Amazon Linux box (basically CentOS with some Amazon
enhancements).  I installed tomcat6 and tomcat6-admin-webapps from yum.

Going to http://server:8080/manager results in a 404 error page

type Status report
message /manager/
description The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

There is a manager and host-manager directory in /usr/share/tomcat6/webapps.
Those directories have files like META-INF and WEB-INF in them.

I was able to install the sample app from the tomcat site and that works fine,
but nothing else does.

How do I go about debugging this?

Re: manager 404

Mark Eggers-2
>________________________________

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/index.html

Please note that the locations of various files will be different due to the packaging that CentOS does. However, the instructions (and information) should be applicable.

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/

Re: manager 404

RE: manager 404

Caldarale, Charles R
> From: Jon Drukman [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: manager 404

> I installed tomcat6 and tomcat6-admin-webapps from yum.

Bad choice.  Remove those, then download and install a real Tomcat 7 from tomcat.apache.org.  The third-party repackaged versions of Tomcat garble so much that it's very difficult to provide any kind of support info for them.

 - Chuck

Re: manager 404

Jon Drukman
Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale <at> unisys.com> writes:

> Bad choice.  Remove those, then download and install a real Tomcat 7
> from tomcat.apache.org.  The
> third-party repackaged versions of Tomcat garble so much that it's
> very difficult to provide any kind of
> support info for them.

I removed the yum packages, then installed the official binary
distribution from the apache.org website and I can now
access the manager.  I'm still having 404 errors on the actual
app that I'm trying to run but hopefully their tech support
can straighten me out on that.

Thanks.
-jsd-

Re: manager 404

Satish Kumar Geddam
update the tomcat-users.xml and create the users

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Jon Drukman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale <at> unisys.com> writes:
>
> > Bad choice.  Remove those, then download and install a real Tomcat 7
> > from tomcat.apache.org.  The
> > third-party repackaged versions of Tomcat garble so much that it's
> > very difficult to provide any kind of
> > support info for them.
>
> I removed the yum packages, then installed the official binary
> distribution from the apache.org website and I can now
> access the manager.  I'm still having 404 errors on the actual
> app that I'm trying to run but hopefully their tech support
> can straighten me out on that.
>
> Thanks.
> -jsd-

Pid

Re: manager 404

Pid

Try: http://server:8080/manager/html

> type Status report
> message /manager/
> description The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.
>
> There is a manager and host-manager directory in /usr/share/tomcat6/webapps.
> Those directories have files like META-INF and WEB-INF in them.
>
> I was able to install the sample app from the tomcat site and that works fine,
> but nothing else does.
>
> How do I go about debugging this?

[key:62590808]