mod_jk not detecting loss of a load balanced machine

mod_jk not detecting loss of a load balanced machine

ebegoli
We've noticed with two versions of mod_jk we've been using (1.2.5 and
one older) that if one of the machines
hosting load balanced tomcat gets completely off the network (power
loss) mod_jk will seem not to emove that one from the load balanced
instances,
so the whole site will appear down because mod_jk will I guess try to
hit it. I can not say for sure that it is the reason behind the scenes,
but I can say for sure that these versions of mod_jk do not respond well
to machine losses - which is a pretty possible scenario.

My question is - has this been addressed in some of the later releases,
and if not is there a workaround?

Re: mod_jk not detecting loss of a load balanced machine

ebegoli
Hi,

Is this issue described below familiar to anyone who is really
knowledgable of how mod_jk works?

Thank you,
Edmon