oracle 12c driver (UNCLASSIFIED)

plueders
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

We have configured an oracle 12c connection using the Oracle jdbc connector .  What we are experiencing is that the application is locking up and the database requires a restart.  We believe that the issue is that application  is not releasing the connections and the database runs out of connections.   The question I have is the JDBC driver the best one for oracle 12c?  If so what would be some configuration items that  we need to set in order to ensure that the application releases the connections efficiently.  Lastly is = there a monitor available to watch the database connections.

Thanks a lot
Paul
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Re: oracle 12c driver (UNCLASSIFIED)

Maxim Solodovnik
We are currently using ojdbc6 in production
I would use ojdbc8 for new project (
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/jdbc-ucp-122-3110062.html
)

I believe the problem is caused by connection pool settings, not the driver

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 2:38 AM Lueders, Paul T CIV USARMY NGIC (US) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> We have configured an oracle 12c connection using the Oracle jdbc
> connector .  What we are experiencing is that the application is locking up
> and the database requires a restart.  We believe that the issue is that
> application  is not releasing the connections and the database runs out of
> connections.   The question I have is the JDBC driver the best one for
> oracle 12c?  If so what would be some configuration items that  we need to
> set in order to ensure that the application releases the connections
> efficiently.  Lastly is = there a monitor available to watch the database
> connections.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Paul
> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: oracle 12c driver (UNCLASSIFIED)

Alejandro Vargas M.
I think you need to close resultsets, prepared statements and finally close connections

If not Oracle will hangout eventually by exceeded cursors or connections.

Open connection
        Open preparedstatements or callable statements
                Open resultset
                        Do resultset stuff
                Close resultset
        Close preparedstatements or callable statements
Close connection

Try to follow allways this pattern, and don't forget to catch sqlexceptions and close the appropiate process.

Alejandro Vargas Mayorga
Gerente Desarrollo C.A. & C.
Tel. 506- 7232-3366
Email:[hidden email]
www.kymsolutions.com
Visite nuestra aula virtual!

I believe the problem is caused by connection pool settings, not the driver ....

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 2:38 AM Lueders, Paul T CIV USARMY NGIC (US) < [hidden email]> wrote:

> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> We have configured an oracle 12c connection using the Oracle jdbc
> connector .  What we are experiencing is that the application is
> locking up and the database requires a restart.  We believe that the
> issue is that application  is not releasing the connections and the database runs out of
> connections.   The question I have is the JDBC driver the best one for
> oracle 12c?  If so what would be some configuration items that  we
> need to set in order to ensure that the application releases the
> connections efficiently.  Lastly is = there a monitor available to
> watch the database connections.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Paul
> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: oracle 12c driver (UNCLASSIFIED)

Alejandro,

On 6/21/18 11:54 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I think you need to close resultsets, prepared statements and
> finally close connections
>
> If not Oracle will hangout eventually by exceeded cursors or
> connections.
>
> Open connection Open preparedstatements or callable statements Open
> resultset Do resultset stuff Close resultset Close
> preparedstatements or callable statements Close connection
>
> Try to follow allways this pattern, and don't forget to catch
> sqlexceptions and close the appropiate process.

+1

https://blog.christopherschultz.net/index.php/2009/03/16/properly-handli
ng-pooled-jdbc-connections/

- -chris