Quantcast

phpmyadmin and tomcat

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

phpmyadmin and tomcat

Bernard Fay-2
Hi,

I have to setup phpmyadmin on a server that use tomcat.  I installed
phpmyadmin according to the instruction but when I try to reach
http://my_ip/phmyadmin, I received HTTP Status 404 - /phpmyadmin/,
description The requested resource (/phpmyadmin/) is not available.

I think some twist has to done in either tomcat or apache.  Someone has an
idea about what is going on?

Please, understand that I am very newbie to phpmyadmin and tomcat.

thanks in advance,
Bernard
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: phpmyadmin and tomcat

Caldarale, Charles R
> From: Bernard Fay [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: phpmyadmin and tomcat
>
> I installed phpmyadmin according to the instruction

What "instruction" would that be?

> Please, understand that I am very newbie to phpmyadmin and tomcat.

The first thing to learn is to always provide the versions of Tomcat (and httpd, if it's being used), the JVM level, and the OS you're running on.

 - Chuck


THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: phpmyadmin and tomcat

Bernard Fay-2
Well, the installation instruction as found at phpmyadmin.net.  That part
seems rather simple but with the result I have it might not be that simple.


java -version
java version "1.5.0_15"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode, sharing)


apache2ctl -v
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built:   May  4 2007 12:18:04


My version of Tomcat would be 5.5.27. and the OS is Linux SLES 10 with SP1.

I hope this would help.

Thanks,


On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > From: Bernard Fay [mailto:[hidden email]]
> > Subject: phpmyadmin and tomcat
> >
> > I installed phpmyadmin according to the instruction
>
> What "instruction" would that be?
>
> > Please, understand that I am very newbie to phpmyadmin and tomcat.
>
> The first thing to learn is to always provide the versions of Tomcat (and
> httpd, if it's being used), the JVM level, and the OS you're running on.
>
>  - Chuck
>
>
> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY
> MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received
> this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its
> attachments from all computers.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: phpmyadmin and tomcat

Caldarale, Charles R
> From: Bernard Fay [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: Re: phpmyadmin and tomcat
>
> Well, the installation instruction as found at phpmyadmin.net.

httpd is a good bit better at running PHP than Tomcat is, so since you've already got httpd running, better to use that for phpmyadmin.  Consequently, this isn't the right mailing list.

 - Chuck


THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: phpmyadmin and tomcat

Martin Gainty

not to mention if one of the php libraries (such as php5ts) crashes your server
you will have to
acquire all the make,cc,link build tools (good luck with that as you will have to get that from OS vendor)
acquire all the makefile build scripts(BTW none of the php build scripts in the src distro work)
acquire all sources which include .c .cpp .h and .l for flex
try to compile this behemoth phpt5s for your own environment
if you get less than 1000 errors it means you have a 'good copy' of php
in short what could be accomplished in one evening with java takes 2 weeks with php

when you're done with that time-wasting exercise you will then have to sync ALL your libraries according to
OS version
OS chipsize(32bit/64but)
FloatingPoint/NonFloatingPoint support
MultiThread/NonMultiThread support
LocaleSpecific Support(de for german/en for UK)
if just one of the libraries in your path dont match these characteristics you get to waste another 2 weeks

BTW: I recommend keeping your weekend schedule free for the next 6 months

Martin Gainty
______________________________________________
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.
Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information seulement et n'aura pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.




> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 14:26:26 -0500
> Subject: RE: phpmyadmin and tomcat
>
> > From: Bernard Fay [mailto:[hidden email]]
> > Subject: Re: phpmyadmin and tomcat
> >
> > Well, the installation instruction as found at phpmyadmin.net.
>
> httpd is a good bit better at running PHP than Tomcat is, so since you've already got httpd running, better to use that for phpmyadmin.  Consequently, this isn't the right mailing list.
>
>  - Chuck
>
>
> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits.
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Storage1_052009
Loading...