rewritevalve

Jake Orel
Hi all, My name is Jake. I'm a newbie to tomcat and I'm working on setting
up the rewrite valve. I've configured it host specific rather than global.
I have put my rewrite.config file inside of my Catalina base for the host
name and I know I'm reading the file at the very least because if i fill it
with gunk it crashes tomcat. my first rule is just trying to rewrite from
an empty forward slash: "RewriteRule ^/$ /path/to/jsp"  (quoted for email
purposes) If I enter the jsp
path in the browser it will take me there but I'm not getting my rewrite if
i just leave the /. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance!
- Jake Orel