sources repository for taglibs-standard-impl/specs-1.2.5-migrated-0.0.1

sources repository for taglibs-standard-impl/specs-1.2.5-migrated-0.0.1

olamy
Hi
I wonder if there is any source repo (git/svn) for those jars which has been dropped with 10 release?
they contains relocation to jakarta namespace but I cannot find any official sources? (maven metadata seems wrong META-INF/maven/org.apache.taglibs/taglibs-standard-impl/pom.xml)

Thanks
Olivier

Re: sources repository for taglibs-standard-impl/specs-1.2.5-migrated-0.0.1

markt
On 15/03/2020 23:37, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hi
> I wonder if there is any source repo (git/svn) for those jars which has
> been dropped with 10 release?
> they contains relocation to jakarta namespace but I cannot find any
> official sources? (maven metadata seems
> wrong META-INF/maven/org.apache.taglibs/taglibs-standard-impl/pom.xml)

They are the Apache Taglibs 1.2.5 JARs from here:
https://tomcat.apache.org/download-taglibs.cgi

That have been processed with the Apache Tomcat migration tool for
Jakarta EE (using the 0.0.1 tag):
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration

Re: sources repository for taglibs-standard-impl/specs-1.2.5-migrated-0.0.1

olamy
Hi
Thanks for your answer.
Is there any plan to publish those artifacts to maven central repository?
And maybe update taglib sources as well?
Thanks
Olivier

On 18/03/2020 01:44, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for your answer.
> Is there any plan to publish those artifacts to maven central repository?

Not at this time. Maybe at some point in the future.

> And maybe update taglib sources as well?

The taglibs project is dormant at the moment. If updating to Jakarta EE
9 is an itch someone wants to scratch then, as always, contributions are
welcome.

Mark

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 20:36, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 18/03/2020 01:44, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for your answer.
> Is there any plan to publish those artifacts to maven central repository?

Not at this time. Maybe at some point in the future.

> And maybe update taglib sources as well?

The taglibs project is dormant at the moment. If updating to Jakarta EE
9 is an itch someone wants to scratch then, as always, contributions are
welcome.

I'm definitely happy to contribute this.
Any objections to move to git first?
If ok is there any procedure or I only need to create INFRA ticket?

cheers
Olivier

Mark

On 19/03/2020 00:42, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 20:36, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 18/03/2020 01:44, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>     > Hi
>     > Thanks for your answer.
>     > Is there any plan to publish those artifacts to maven central
>     repository?
>
>     Not at this time. Maybe at some point in the future.
>
>     > And maybe update taglib sources as well?
>
>     The taglibs project is dormant at the moment. If updating to Jakarta EE
>     9 is an itch someone wants to scratch then, as always, contributions are
>     welcome.
>

> I'm definitely happy to contribute this.
> Any objections to move to git first?
> If ok is there any procedure or I only need to create INFRA ticket?

I see you requested the git repo for this.

Could you please publish your migration plan to this list for review.

Re: sources repository for taglibs-standard-impl/specs-1.2.5-migrated-0.0.1

olamy
Hi
We have to move this https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/taglibs/  to git.
As it's few separate Maven projects, maybe we could create one git repo per project:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs-standard (standard-examples can be integrated in standard source tree but not part of the release just here for documentation purpose)

https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs can contain some modules to ease clone of only git repo (or maybe we simply put the site here) I don't have strong opinion for this

Do we still need rdc?
during the migration each tags/branches (if any) will be integrated in the created git repo

wdyt?

Thanks
Olivier

On 27/03/2020 04:58, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> Hi
> We have to move this https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/taglibs/
> to git.
> As it's few separate Maven projects, maybe we could create one git repo
> per project:
> - https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs-site
> - https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs-standard (standard-examples
> can be integrated in standard source tree but not part of the release
> just here for documentation purpose)
> - https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs-parent
>
> - https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs can contain some modules to
> ease clone of only git repo (or maybe we simply put the site here) I
> don't have strong opinion for this
>
> Do we still need rdc?

The above seems reasonable to me but I have never worked on taglibs so
my opinion shouldn't count for much.

> during the migration each tags/branches (if any) will be integrated in
> the created git repo

This is the bit that interests me. I know from experience with previous
Tomcat projects that the svn -> git migration for a project that has
previously gone through an cvs -> svn migration is very slow. It took
over a week to process the Tomcat Connectors project. This is because
the migration tool ends up searching back through the history repeatedly
for each tag.

I might be able to help put by running the migration directly on one of
the ASF servers. I'll need to talk to infra if we want to try that route.

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 at 20:01, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 27/03/2020 04:58, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hi
> We have to move this https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/taglibs/
> to git.
> As it's few separate Maven projects, maybe we could create one git repo
> per project:
> - https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs-site
> - https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs-standard (standard-examples
> can be integrated in standard source tree but not part of the release
> just here for documentation purpose)
> - https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs-parent
>
> - https://github.com/apache/tomcat-taglibs can contain some modules to
> ease clone of only git repo (or maybe we simply put the site here) I
> don't have strong opinion for this
>
> Do we still need rdc?

The above seems reasonable to me but I have never worked on taglibs so
my opinion shouldn't count for much.

> during the migration each tags/branches (if any) will be integrated in
> the created git repo

This is the bit that interests me. I know from experience with previous
Tomcat projects that the svn -> git migration for a project that has
previously gone through an cvs -> svn migration is very slow. It took
over a week to process the Tomcat Connectors project. This is because
the migration tool ends up searching back through the history repeatedly
for each tag.

I might be able to help put by running the migration directly on one of
the ASF servers. I'll need to talk to infra if we want to try that route.

Great. Let me know if you need any help?