Quantcast

tomcat 5.5 ------ log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

luke2010
I can run without problem locally for app testPhoenix in eclipse
server, but when deploy to linux box, I got error like below

20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/testPhoenix] startup failed due to previous errors
log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to
error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

This error is very short and I googled online for this error, but can
not figure out either.  how to make this error more clarified?

thanks in advance.

Re: tomcat 5.5 ------ log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

Konstantin Kolinko
2011/6/20 WEIQUAN YUAN <[hidden email]>:

> I can run without problem locally for app testPhoenix in eclipse
> server, but when deploy to linux box, I got error like below
>

> 20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
> 20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context [/testPhoenix] startup failed due to previous errors
> log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to
> error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.
>

> This error is very short and I googled online for this error, but can
> not figure out either.  how to make this error more clarified?

1. What exact version of Tomcat 5.5.x you are using?

2. It says that it is class loading issue. What jars to you have on
the server ind in your webapp?

And what version of log4j you are using?

3. How logging is configured in your webapp and in Tomcat?

4. Have you tried log4j mailing list?
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: tomcat 5.5 ------ log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

luke2010
> 1. What exact version of Tomcat 5.5.x you are using?
5.5.17.0

> 2. It says that it is class loading issue. What jars to you have on
> the server ind in your webapp?
there are a lot of jars i used for this webapp, including spring, dwr,
log4j, mail, esapi, jstl, json, common, activation, .....

> And what version of log4j you are using?
log4j-1.2.15.jar,

> 3. How logging is configured in your webapp and in Tomcat?
using -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.xml in tomcat startup script and put
log4j.xml in WEB-INF/classes

> 4. Have you tried log4j mailing list?
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/
No, I didn't try to put in this question to log4j mailing list.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Konstantin Kolinko
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/6/20 WEIQUAN YUAN <[hidden email]>:
>> I can run without problem locally for app testPhoenix in eclipse
>> server, but when deploy to linux box, I got error like below
>>

>> 20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>> 20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>> SEVERE: Context [/testPhoenix] startup failed due to previous errors
>> log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to
>> error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.
>>

>> This error is very short and I googled online for this error, but can
>> not figure out either.  how to make this error more clarified?
>>

> 1. What exact version of Tomcat 5.5.x you are using?
>
> 2. It says that it is class loading issue. What jars to you have on
> the server ind in your webapp?
>
> And what version of log4j you are using?
>
> 3. How logging is configured in your webapp and in Tomcat?
>
> 4. Have you tried log4j mailing list?
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Weiquan Yuan
Located in Ottawa - Capital Region of Canada
Email: [hidden email]