tomcat 9 fails when requesting a new URL

tomcat 9 fails when requesting a new URL

Jim Anderson-3

I'm working on developing a web page using Tomcat 9 as the local server.
My web page comes up and when I submit my page for processing, the
tomcat server crashes. Interestingly, when I run the same sequence in
Eclipse, everything works fine.

Anyway, I looked at the logs directory and I see some suspicious
sections, but nothing that points directly back to source code causing
the problem. I cleared the log directory and re-ran my process and I am
attaching a compressed tar file of the log directory. I'm wondering if
anyone can see any indication that Tomcat 9 is not configured properly.
I apologize for sending the entire directory, but it is fairly small and
I want to make the entire log available.

The most likely error point is the "java.io.StreamCorruptedException:
invalid type code: 00" in the catalina.2021-01-10.log file. Can my
process or environment be the root cause of this?

Jim A

jja_tomcat_logs.tgz (5K) Download Attachment

Re: tomcat 9 fails when requesting a new URL

markt
On 10/01/2021 15:10, Jim Anderson wrote:

> I'm working on developing a web page using Tomcat 9 as the local server.
> My web page comes up and when I submit my page for processing, the
> tomcat server crashes. Interestingly, when I run the same sequence in
> Eclipse, everything works fine.
>
> Anyway, I looked at the logs directory and I see some suspicious
> sections, but nothing that points directly back to source code causing
> the problem. I cleared the log directory and re-ran my process and I am
> attaching a compressed tar file of the log directory. I'm wondering if
> anyone can see any indication that Tomcat 9 is not configured properly.
> I apologize for sending the entire directory, but it is fairly small and
> I want to make the entire log available.
>
> The most likely error point is the "java.io.StreamCorruptedException:
> invalid type code: 00" in the catalina.2021-01-10.log file. Can my
> process or environment be the root cause of this?

Yes. The application is placing attributes into the session that are not
serializable. Fix that, clear the work directory and then test.